A call for sunrise/sunset shots taken with large sensor fixed-lens cameras . . .

Jock Elliott

Hall of Famer
. . . GR, G1X, Sigma Merrill, Nikon A, X100/s . . . any of the one-inch fixed lens cameras . . .

Please identify which camera you used. And if you did special tricks in post-processing, that would be good to know too.

Cheers, Jock

<iframe src="Welcome to Flickr!" width="800" height="531" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

X100, no post at all that I can remember, shot jpg only, and I thought I dropped the EV but the exif says otherwise. There's a whole series of similar shots from that trip to Maine on either side of that picture, if you're curious.

<iframe src="Welcome to Flickr!" width="800" height="531" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

X100, no post at all that I can remember, shot jpg only, and I thought I dropped the EV but the exif says otherwise. There's a whole series of similar shots from that trip to Maine on either side of that picture, if you're curious.

That works for me!

Cheers, Jock

X100 no PP. out of camera jpeg
DSCF0104-XL.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Another one from Maine, this time Acadia National Park. Also X100, also no post, SOOC jpg, EV -1.33 this time.

<iframe src="DSCF5479" width="531" height="800" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

That is just heart-breaking pretty.

Cheers, Jock

No PP that I can remember, just a crop, X100.

Newcastle Beach par Sue Wotton, on ipernity

I did do some post processing, it would have been photoshop, playing with levels. Also would have increased black levels, I think. I usually do, a bit.

fogbound2 par Sue Wotton, on ipernity

No idea what I did with this. Probably increased vibrance/saturation a bit. It was a seriously dull morning.

Nobbys 220612 par Sue Wotton, on ipernity

A very entertaining thread. Thanks for starting this, Jock. Too bad I don't have a fixed lens APS-C or FF.

What's curious is that there has been no input from GR, Nikon A, one-inch, or full frame fixed-lens camera shooters so far. Certainly we can say that X100/s owners appear to like shooting sunrises/sunsets.

Cheers, Jock

Sorry, just saw this thread. Here's a set of about a dozen and a half, taken with everything from a small of the RX100 (I think there's only one of those) to a large of the RX1. There are shots from the X100, Nikon A (yes, it takes sunsets too!), Sigma DP1M, m43, and XE1). I just saw that this was supposed to be fixed lens only - sorry, there are some ILC shots in this (both m43 and Fuji), but many or most fixed lens. You can scroll through the set (unless, I'm led to believe, you're using tapatalk), and you can still click through to see larger versions. Except that a few of these are still in small format because I uploaded them that way originally and never got around of putting larger versions in their place.

<iframe src="Positano-NIkon A" width="1024" height="678" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

-Ray

Back