Sony A comment on NEX

wt21

Hall of Famer
Having forced myself onto NEX since I think December (or maybe before -- I have nothing else save an RX100 and my iPhone), I can conclude one observation:

*** I have NEVER felt that if I just got a different native e-mount lens, my photography would be so much better. :rolleyes: /sarcasm

Having tried the kit 18-55, then the SEL20, and still desperate for something wider than the legacy 50s, I finally have a Sigma 19mm coming.

This will mean I'm shooting:
  • Rokinon 8mm FE
  • Sigma 19mm
  • Legacy 50s (FD, Rokkor and CZJ) with Speedbooster adapter options (for Rokkor and CZJ)
  • Native 55-210

A pretty motley list, lol. I guess it will be up to me to do something with these.

I've been shooting NEXes (5-5n-7) for around 3 years and to me it was a bit of a mixed experience but I really don't want to warm it all up again. I still have my NEX-7, the Sigmas, some manual Zeiss glass and my fifth! copy of the 1855 kit lens (different story) and think I'm gonna keep that stuff but to tell you the truth I'm through with Sony for a number of reasons and I'm looking forward to spend my money somewhere else (Fuuuuuuji :D).
Congrats on the 19mm Sigma; I like mine a lot but the 30mm is nothing short of outstanding, especially on the NEX-7 where it's one of those very few lenses that make use of the 24MP that sensor has to offer - one of my best lens deals ever and a great all-day walkaround FL.

Enjoy your NEX-6 !

Back