A couple from my morning out.

soundfanz

Regular
Out and about at the Botanical Gardens in Brisbane.
Used my X-100 to take these shots, post processed using the basic software bundled with the Camera. But I do have Lightroom 3 on the way. :)

crayfish11.jpg

statue11.jpg

planetarium111.jpg

Luckypenguin

Hall of Famer
Real Name
Nic
I didn't realise there were statues and artwork like that out at Toowong; I guess that shows how long it's been since I've been out to the botanical gardens. At least I recognise the dome, though :)

kyteflyer

~@¿@~
Real Name
Sue
The statue worked really well from this angle! And I love the lobster. Having just crawled out after my nanna nap I was a bit astonished,.. thought it was real for 3 seconds! *rubs eyes*

Armanius

Bring Jack back!
Real Name
Jack
Very nice Soundfanz! If you shoot RAW, the X100 also has in-camera processing, which does a fair job. Welcome to the forum!

soundfanz

Regular
Thanks to everyone for the comments. I must say that my hands aren't exactly the steadiest, so I tend to lose a lot of shots when I PP at home. I might buy one of those stabalizing strap devices that you attach to your trousers/shorts which apparently help with keeping the camera steady.
I do have a tripod which will fix those problems but they do restrict ones mobility while out hunting shots. :)

stillshunter

Super Moderator Emeritus
Real Name
Mark
Nice shots mate, I'm with the herd on this one - the second is a fave. For steadiness have you considered a monopod - some of the newer models fold up nice and small? Or how's about a Gorillapod?

Out of curiosity do you shoot through the viewfinder or via the LCD. I know I'm probably telling you how to suck eggs but the VF will steady the cam and give you a stop or two advantage.

Well that's my know-all rant done :blush:

Thanks for sharing mate....looking forward to more.

soundfanz

Regular
Nice shots mate, I'm with the herd on this one - the second is a fave. For steadiness have you considered a monopod - some of the newer models fold up nice and small? Or how's about a Gorillapod?

Out of curiosity do you shoot through the viewfinder or via the LCD. I know I'm probably telling you how to suck eggs but the VF will steady the cam and give you a stop or two advantage.

Well that's my know-all rant done :blush:

Thanks for sharing mate....looking forward to more.

G'day stillshunter, I will keep in mind the monopod and the Gorillapod. I use both the EV and the LCD equally, today though all were using the LCD. And your not telling me to suck eggs, I have so much to learn.... but am loving the ride. :)

Chris

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom