Ricoh A Day Out

I was set to have morning tea and lunch in the Sydney CBD with a couple of friends (we only catch up annually if that), it was a long train trip for me, 3 hours, so at least part of the time was spent in taking pictures :) Besides, I nearly ran my phone battery flat listening to "Power of One".

Anyway, the Ricoh served well as always, though there were a lot of duds from the moving train.

Down past Gosford (I was too busy with my audiobook before that) and rumbling alongside Brisbane Waters (which have nothing to do with the capital of Queensland)
7457119212_69529a68d8_c.jpg

On Brisbane Waters by kyte50, on Flickr

Crossing the Hawkesbury River (part of the larger Brisbane Waters, really)
7457119830_98be38ee2a_c.jpg

Crossing the Hawkesbury by kyte50, on Flickr

I was glad I changed trains at Gosford instead of waiting until later
View attachment 55606
Train getting V full by kyte50, on Flickr

Some time later, arrived at Town Hall Station, which is named for this building, but which is underneath the Queen Victoria Building, where I was meeting my friends.
7457126732_15b5d3c772_c.jpg

Sydney Town Hall by kyte50, on Flickr

I was an hour early (deliberately, wanted to do some photography) so wandered about the QVB for a while before settling down in a coffee shop to wait.

One of the two clocks suspended from the roof
7457123402_38818456ab_c.jpg

Queen Victoria Building, Sydney by kyte50, on Flickr

And the other
7457124056_6d4d583c9a_c.jpg

Lots of floors
7457124606_2e4bc4446c_c.jpg

And a gorgeous stained glass window
7457124902_9cf56b5987_c.jpg

I did try for some people shots on the street but they were mostly duds, so not posting...

Then too much talking and catching up and walking to a new location for lunch... so all I have is after lunch

An empty wine glass :)
View attachment 55612
After Lunch by kyte50, on Flickr

It looks and sounds as though you had a great time, Sue, and that the trip was all part of a great package. I'll look forward to checking these out more carefully on Flickr..and hoping to see more there, too.

I'm in love with your first for its dreamlike qualities.

Thanks, all. Yes, it was a very pleasant day. I think I'm doing it again toward the end of next month but in the meantime might take myself down for no particular reason. The Harbour and Rocks area should be worth a bit of a wander, but next time probably x100 and k-5. Could have done with the K-5 for those Brisbane Waters shots. Moving train, gRD3 with no IS... hmm...

BB, I dont think there will be any more on flickr, none really worth posting. Maybe after the next run down to Sydney.

Great pics again Sue :) one day if and when I get to Syd I would love to take pics with you :)

Thanks, Kerri... Just let me know :)

I love the QVB, although the two times I have briefly been through it I haven't gone up on any of the upper levels.

I'd seen a couple of shots elsewhere, so wanted to "have a go" myself. I found that the shops are hideously expensive, and the higher you go, the higher the prices go. The coffee shop my friends and I went to at first was outrageous. It cost me $4.60 for a Twinings teabag and a pot of hot water, and they wanted $18 for a sandwich. That's why we went elsewhere (the Arthouse Hotel). None of it was far from Town Hall Station so not so bad for this old duck :)

Nice series, looks like a nice relaxing day, I'll be coming around Sydney in 2 weeks time, I'll try to go to the same places and take some photos, not sure though as its a work function.

Nice series, looks like a nice relaxing day, I'll be coming around Sydney in 2 weeks time, I'll try to go to the same places and take some photos, not sure though as its a work function.

Theres more outside than in, to photograph (Druitt street/George Street)... I wasn't able to spend a lot of time because of needing to locate the meeting place and wandering indoors as I did.

Hyde Park (just a couple of blocks away) is also pretty good for photography.

Work functions, though... tend to be a tad restrictive.

Thanks, guys.

Yes KianO, its wonderful for colour as well as B&W. Its an amazing bit of kit, the GRD series. I'd really like to get a IV for the image stabilisation but cannot be buying any more cameras!! In the meantime, the III is just gorgeous. I love the menuing system, Ricoh makes setup so darned easy and obvious!

Thanks, guys.

Yes KianO, its wonderful for colour as well as B&W. Its an amazing bit of kit, the GRD series. I'd really like to get a IV for the image stabilisation but cannot be buying any more cameras!! In the meantime, the III is just gorgeous. I love the menuing system, Ricoh makes setup so darned easy and obvious!

I dunno the grd III and am not aware of the Effectiveness of IS on this camera, hopefully the V would come out in sync with budget :)

Back