Fuji A fair comparison? (X30)

Lachlan

Regular
While searching the Internet for sample images from the X30, I came across this comparison (Canon G7X Vs Sony RX100 MkIII vs Fujifilm X30 Vs Panasonic LX100 sample image review test shot Total compact pocket Expert Fight !) of four cameras, including the X30. I can’t help but feel this comparison is a little skewed – I’ve seen substantially sharper images from the X30, and have read the DR is actually pretty good.

Curious to read what those who have used the X30 think of this comparison.

I think it all depends how they has the camera set-up and what settings they were using for JPEGs. Obviously if everything else is equal, and one turns up the contrast and the saturation by a couple notches on the Fuji then this would be no surprise. But just seeing this shot without any actual info is fairly irrelevant.

I think it all depends how they has the camera set-up and what settings they were using for JPEGs. Obviously if everything else is equal, and one turns up the contrast and the saturation by a couple notches on the Fuji then this would be no surprise. But just seeing this shot without any actual info is fairly irrelevant.

I also don't know that everything else was equal here. Clearly the lighting was changing so this was far from a controlled test in my opinion

I wouldn't take any notice - the light has changed so much from one shot to another. Yes, cameras with bigger sensors have (all other things being equal) more dynamic range and less noise, which can mean greater detail because not so much noise reduction is needed. What's new? My XT1 produces better pictures than my X30, but often I don't have the X-T1 with me because it is too big. Cameras are all about compromise!

Back