Samsung A few early reviews/impressions of the just released NX500

For some reason....just not impressed by the Samsung offerings in the camera range. From some of those reviews, the IQ seems lackluster and the body styling and white color or just a complete turn off. Reminds me too much of a Sony mirrorless camera. Definitely not for me.

I might want to upgrade my NX300 to one of these in a year or two. Hopefully the new sensor has similar colours and character as the old 20mp, which to date gives my favourite output of any brand or camera, regardless of sensor size. Similar to a Sony? No way!

I might want to upgrade my NX300 to one of these in a year or two. Hopefully the new sensor has similar colours and character as the old 20mp, which to date gives my favourite output of any brand or camera, regardless of sensor size. Similar to a Sony? No way!

I meant similar to Sony in styling, not image rendition. It just seems to cold and clinical for my taste.

One of the things I really like about my NX300 (and the NX3000) is the styling. It is modern and classy, I'd even call them handsome cameras. The brushed aluminum top plate on the black body looks contemporary and modern (I'm not a fan of the other colors but the spirit is still there). The NX300/500 are unique with their curved grips which I initially thought would be uncomfortable but turned out the be very comfortable indeed.

Back