Leica A Few from Lisbon

christilou

Legend
M + 35mm Voigtlander 1.2 II

I found the arches and two gents who continued to natter, oblivious to my snapping :)

15291974219_8f1d8f793e_b.jpg
Lisbon by christilou1, on Flickr

I had a few hours to kill whilst my husband and his pals ran in the Lisbon Marathon and as I was coming to then end of a 4 hour photographic wander I came across a vintage car display right near our hotel and happily spent another half an hour snapping away to my heart's content.

15292208388_ec34a513ae_b.jpg

15478507562_e42054785f_b.jpg

Portugese Tiles.

15292155980_e45b95a715_b.jpg

We decided to take the train to Sintra to see the Palace of Pena. We looked at the map beside the station but it had no scale marked on it and we thought that it probably wasn't too far to walk..... big mistake. We walked for about an hour and a quarter steadily uphill where every turn led to another and we watched the coaches and cars that went past getting higher and higher. Luckily for me our friend Mike lugged my camera bag :) When we eventually arrived the road became big fat cobbles of sorts and slippery to boot. The castle was at the highest point and bathed in mist, it was also cold and windy and we never did get to see it's fairytale proportions!