a few from the road

Luke

Legend
Name
Luke
My wife and I took a weekend roadtrip from Milwaukee, WI to Rochester, MN. Luckily we didn't run into any snow, but the temps were WAAAAAAAY below zero. The dogs hated it (the weather....not Minnesota).

Here's a few over-processed shots from the weekend...I may post a few more if I find a few more I like. The trip was not about photography, so this is likely all you get. Also, feel free to guess the gear.....the point of this is to say that gear doesn't matter. Gear won't make your photos great...and it won't make your photos bad. It just makes your photos viewable.

Here's the view from our room.....
12471468835_35cc5a53d1_b.jpg

IMGP0217 by Luke Lavin, on Flickr

the truckers never get a break....they drive in every kind of weather.... this one is for Steve.
12471583623_a90bf98bbf_b.jpg

IMGP0251 by Luke Lavin, on Flickr

When there's no traffic around, I steal a kiss from my best buddy.....
12471605673_5eef9eb4f8_b.jpg

IMGP0238 by Luke Lavin, on Flickr

the sun starts to go down...the golden hour hits as we head into Madison.... I wonder what Kyle and Gordo would do in my position.....
12471932664_f77e023651_b.jpg

IMGP0239 by Luke Lavin, on Flickr

As the sun sets, I think about all the shots I could have taken if I weren't so cold or if I weren't on the road. Another day...another shot...... I'll get a better one another day, but at least I squeezed out a few frames on this day.
12471557893_e72da121d7_b.jpg

IMGP0257 by Luke Lavin, on Flickr

These are nice ones Luke :). I can't imagine there ever being so little traffic that I could take my eyes off the road here in little England ! I had a friend who married an American and moved to Chaska, Minnesota and went to visit her once.

Don't worry Christilou, my wife is watching the road....don't forget our drivers are seated on the left ;)

Nic, you're a super sleuth. It is indeed a Pentax. The wee MX-1 has become my little take everywhere camera.

Back