Fuji A few more from Madrid...

Nice shots, the first one appeals to me as well and reminds me of the old UK based comedy show with John Cleese (Fawlty Towers) and his spanish waiter - Manuel.

Really makes me smile - great shot! like the others as well.

I don't think there's anything resembling a shallow DOF with the X100... It requires quite a distance between subject and background *and* wide open. I've been trying for months.

Don't forget the basic principles of photography, and in simple terms, the closer you are to your subject the greater the blur/OOF will be behind the subject when shot at a wider aperture and with seperation between subject / background and consequently, the narrower the DOF will be.

The first image clearly demonstartes this principle as the subject matter is close to the camera (H&S on 35mm equivalent lens requires close camera to subject distance), if the photographer used a wide aperture f2/2.8, then the DOF behind the subject is dramatically reduced and the effect of blur/oof increased.

This is another reason why macro photography requires a smaller aperture to ensure sharp focus/good DOF across the subject matter to counter the lens to subject distance

For a more in depth explanation read this or search Depth of Field.

http://toothwalker.org/optics/dof.html

I'm using the Superia 400 preset for these color shots...it looks like it came from my M6...

6865846663_7b0bf340c7_b.jpg

6865845653_8f75f1c5d3_b.jpg

Back