Fuji A Fuji X journey today - received my X100s and an XF35 lens!

Thanks for taking us with you on a beautiful (and cold) trip!
Enjoy the new camera.

Well, I have taken some shots with the X100s now.

My really first spontaneous impressions of the X100s:

- AF, Wow it is a different camera compared to the X-E1 (which I also have and can compare to), the AF is soooo fast, blazing fast. At least during daytime which it is now when I took some shots.

- Digital split image vs focus peaking in MF; personally I prefer the digital split image as I find it hard to see the focus peaking because of the white color (would be better with red color). I found the digital split image easy to use, easy to see. And the MF turns - so much faster than before!

This is going to be a fun camera to use :)

I'll add more info when I shot some more.

Still seems pretty cold in Finland. How much driving time did it take you to travel 430 miles? What city is your camera shop? When will Spring hit your part of Finland? I've never been to Finland so I have a zillion questions. I hope you don't mind.

Gary

Still seems pretty cold in Finland. How much driving time did it take you to travel 430 miles? What city is your camera shop? When will Spring hit your part of Finland? I've never been to Finland so I have a zillion questions. I hope you don't mind.

Gary

No problem. Ask what you want to know but I hole that I can answer :)

During this period Finland is in a winter/spring state. Winter is still holding its grip but the sun starts to get a little warmer during daytime (=cold in the air but a little sun warmth during daytime). For driving this is tricky as during days the main roads are good to drive on, almost like summer roads, but when the sun goes down the melted water starts to freeze and the roads gets icy. I experienced this yesterday during my trip; during daytime it was easy to drive but as the sun went down it started to freeze and the roads where dangerous. This time if year is the most dangerous for driving because you don't know what to expect! Winter is easier you as you are prepared for the winter roads.

As I said; we are in winter/spring now. Pure spring in next month, this depends from year to year, but I think depending on the weather now that in mid April we will have early (pure) spring.

The driving took from early morning to evening, but we didn't drive just to and from. We had some substantial breaks. If I should have driven to and from; maybe 8 hours drive.

Hope this answers some of your questions :)

Well thanks Ramirez,

Just when I had accepted the ait until year end when I hope to be able to upgrade my X100 for the "S" you go and spoil it all be posting your images, relaying your impressions and succeeding in making me pant hard and pine for the upgrade.

In all seriousness I am really happy for you and I hope the x100s continues to please as much as first impressions imply it will.

I am really looking forward to seeing your images from the trip and hearing your experiences with it as a sole shooting machine!

Enjoy!

Well thanks Ramirez,

Just when I had accepted the ait until year end when I hope to be able to upgrade my X100 for the "S" you go and spoil it all be posting your images, relaying your impressions and succeeding in making me pant hard and pine for the upgrade.

In all seriousness I am really happy for you and I hope the x100s continues to please as much as first impressions imply it will.

I am really looking forward to seeing your images from the trip and hearing your experiences with it as a sole shooting machine!

Enjoy!

Thanks! Sorry about spoiling your X100s immune system.

The truth is; I didn't belive that the X100s is this fast even if I read it, it something one has to experience for himself. I'm seriously wondering how much use the X-E1 will get (even with my brand new XF35) after experiencing the vast improvements on the X100s.

One of the great things about a photo board with international members is we get to see parts of the world that many may never see otherwise.

Finland? Cool! Got any photos of Children of Bodom?

One of the great things about a photo board with international members is we get to see parts of the world that many may never see otherwise.

Finland? Cool! Got any photos of Children of Bodom?

Yeah, it is great to see photos of other parts of the world. It feels like you are there almost.

Sorry, I don't have any photos of them.

Back