Fuji A funny thing happened on the way to the Jeep shop

Bobby T

Out Of Nowhere
Everyone who was in the discussion, or read my post about my gear purge saw that I discovered my Jeep needed surgery. Which lead to me selling the 16mm 1.4 to help cover the cost of fabrication for the repair.

The person who runs the Jeep shop I frequent is also a very good friend of mine. Who is a Fuji shooter, and happens to have my former X-T1.

For the next part there are a few things important to keep in mind. I have been missing shooting with a X-Pro2 and planned to grab a used one after I’d caught up from Jeep repairs and finishing the work on my house. That my friend fixing my Jeep has solid plans to come to me with money and take my X-T2 the second the X-T3 is available. And most importantly, I’ve narrowed down the events I shoot and have nothing booked till December. So I don’t need an “event” body.

The Jeep is midway done. So my good friend messaged me asking if I would want to trade the X-T2 for the work on the Jeep. I do a quick check and see the Fuji rebates are still on. On top of that, Amazon has a new thing where you can buy some things in payments. No interest, etc. One just makes a couple of payments instead of a lump sum. Which makes the wife happy because I can keep funneling money into the house. So I will be taking delivery of a new Pro2 and have my Jeep covered. Then have everything finished for event season if I need to grab a used T2, or a new T3. So the last 24 hours have been awesome.

Back