Leica A good deal?

jodad

I have been offered the following by someone I know who is selling off his gear:

Hektor 135/4,5 with VF
Elmar 90/4 no VF
Elmar 50/2.8 with VF
Summaron 35/3.5 no VF
Hektor 28/6.3 with VF
Superangulon 21/4 with VF.

all in good condition visually and glass.

all for $2900 or i guess that works out to 2700 Euros for the guys on that side of the pond.
I've got a camera to use them on of course! lol

The "Why?" isn't important. My question is, does seem like a good deal to you guys for someone who would like a set of LTM lenses like this [Me!
wink.png
]?
Yes or no?
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The Hektor 28/6.3 and Superangulon 21/4 each with VF are the "jewels". The 28/6.3 is rare. Condition is most important on these- try to inspect them, especially the glass.

Just looking at Ebay,

21/4 LTM with finder: ~$1000 to $1250
28/6.3 Hektor with finder: ~$600 to $750

The more common lenses, just a ballpark:

the 135/4.5 with finder, ~$100;
Elmar 90/4, ~$100
Elmar 50/2.8 with finder, ~$300
Summaron 35/3.5, ~$250.

Seems like a good price for all, but would be even better to negotiate down. Check out completed Ebay auctions and Buy-it-Now prices.

If boxes, manuals, etc are included and equipment is Mint: I'd be more comfortable with the price being asked. If not, I'd try to get the price down. Figure the seller will end up paying ~10% to sell on Ebay, and there are many untrustworthy buyers. For a sale like this, you should be paying 20% less than Ebay prices.

Last edited by a moderator:
he is adamant on not going below $2900... that's after bargaining with him. He had originally wanted $300 more!

If he "threw in" (if i can convince him, which i think i may be able to) an IIIg in good clean condition, would it be worth it then?
I think if i decide to go for it i will only agree if he includes the camera as well ;)

strange thing then is on ebay a lot of sellers in Europe and some in south Africa are selling the IIIg with an elmar2.8 or a summicron 50 for over $1500 or around 1400 euros! Some WAY more!

The IIIg is Leica's last screw mount camera, not as many made- and very desirable. $800 is a good price for it.

The IIIg and the five lenses : I would put that in the "good deal" category!

NOW, just in case people have not kept up with 80 year old Leica naming conventions...
The "Leica IIIg" and the "Leica G" are very different. The "Leica G" is the same camera as the pre-war "Leica IIIa". (Leica D= Leica II, Leica F= Leica III)

So- a IIIg, great deal, $750~$1000 (a Leica G- closer to $150~$200)

Back