Apple A kind request to Apple M1 8GB device users

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Hall of Famer
Name
Ovi
Hello. I would kindly request anyone who has an Apple product with M1 8GB RAM (iMac 2021, Mac Mini, MacBook Air 2020) and access to Adobe Lightroom to test RAM usage for editing 42 MP files. I can provide the RAW files if needed, I just need to know if the device can handle extensive editing. (The idea is, potentially, to get/use the basic model of M1 as a photo editing dedicated device.)

PS. The options I have is the basic M1 8 CPU cores 8 GPU cores 8GB RAM 512GB storage that floats between 700 £ and 1.600 £ depending on the device type. The next option is M1 Pro with 16GB RAM but that's limited to only MacBook Pro 2021 14" and 16" between 1.900 £ and 2.600 £. The last option is the Mac Studio 2022 M1 Max with 32GB RAM at 2.000 £, anything beyond that is unaffordable for me.)

Hello. I would kindly request anyone who has an Apple product with M1 8GB RAM (iMac 2021, Mac Mini, MacBook Air 2020) and access to Adobe Lightroom to test RAM usage for editing 42 MP files. I can provide the RAW files if needed, I just need to know if the device can handle extensive editing. (The idea is, potentially, to get/use the basic model of M1 as a photo editing dedicated device.)

PS. The options I have is the basic M1 8 CPU cores 8 GPU cores 8GB RAM 512GB storage that floats between 700 £ and 1.600 £ depending on the device type. The next option is M1 Pro with 16GB RAM but that's limited to only MacBook Pro 2021 14" and 16" between 1.900 £ and 2.600 £. The last option is the Mac Studio 2022 M1 Max with 32GB RAM at 2.000 £, anything beyond that is unaffordable for me.)
Ovi, I've been testing my new PC using the DPR Fuji GFX 100 RAW files. These seem to be a good way of stressing the heck out of a system.

Available for personal use download here:

Ovi, I've been testing my new PC using the DPR Fuji GFX 100 RAW files. These seem to be a good way of stressing the heck out of a system.

Available for personal use download here:

I meant testing the M1 system as a cheap alternative. If it doesn't work I will stick with Window machine for the cost of high end Apple products

Hi Ovi, I guess it depends on what you mean by extensive editing. Have a look at this video on the M1 Air

I went for the 8GB M1 mac mini with 512GB SSD. I use Capture One with Denoise AI and came from an i3 quad core mac mini and an early 2018 quad core i7 Lenovo laptop. The M1 is easily faster than both of those, but I don't do extensive multitasking.

I used to have an A7Riii. I don't remember the Raw files being a problem on My M1 MacBook or my M1 Mac mini.

Back