Fuji A little flash confusion

whitetr6

I've been reading some discussions here about flash where some of the photographers in the group have been frustrated by the lack of capable flash units for the type of photography they need to do, especially on assignments like weddings. I have a new X-T1, but it's strictly for my own pleasure, no professional jobs. Still, I'd like to eventually have the ability to take some off camera flash portraits with multiple flash units, plus other features like rotating and bounce head, and I'm concerned I may not be able to find capable TTL flash units, or at least other choices besides the 3 Fujifilm flash units.

Then today, I happened to be looking on Adorama, and was surprised to find that they list two Metz units as being Fujifilm compatible. Is that not the case? I've used Metz in the past with excellent results, but that was with my F Series film Nikons, so this is new territory for me. Here's the link: Flashes & On-Camera Lightning - Buy at Adorama

Admittedly, it doesn't say Fujifilm X-Series compatible, so maybe that's the kicker. Just wanted to see if anyone here knows the story.
Thanks,
Mark.

Nissin i40 will be worth watching as a third party flash which will be compatible with the X series.

It might even support wireless TTL if we are lucky...

Back