Challenge! A 'Lo-FI' A Day Challenge

Thanks to your libertarian attitudes on what might qualify, I chose the (adequately named) LOMO app for Android :) It's a STAR(T)!

PICTOGRAMAX - 2021 - LO FI - 01 - STAR(T).jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

70E9AC76-46DD-466E-8219-FB05F9B9F0BA.jpeg

Tom Nook agreed to take a selfie while I was making lunch since it was raining outside and I didn’t have much time for photos. Thankfully lunch turned out better than this picture. At least he is not charging me bells!!!

I’ve charged an old, but under used Pentax Q. I have a couple of toy lenses for it and am pleased to announce that the quality of the shots are just as bad as the Mini 11 in my incapable hands, so might try using it some days during the challenge.

Part 2 of my Day 3 entry is with my other Lo-Fi rig, the fisheye on my old Lumix - of the same subject - Peewee Herman in front of my bookcase but the GX1's slightly sharper Olympus fisheye lens shows the title of the book, 'Cuckoo Song'--

GX1_Peewee_&_CuckooSong#2.jpg

I couldn't help remembering the words attributed to Robert Capa - "if your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough" - so I moved a little closer---

GX1_Peewee_&_CuckooSong#1.jpg

And once you start down that garden path ('getting closer'), it's hard to stop---

GX1_Peewee_&_CuckooSong#3.jpg

Time to end this Lo-Fi session now: I have to check the book out again, to see if it's really as good as Peewee seems to think.

Last edited:
View attachment 247891

Tom Nook agreed to take a selfie while I was making lunch since it was raining outside and I didn’t have much time for photos. Thankfully lunch turned out better than this picture. At least he is not charging me bells!!!

I’ve charged an old, but under used Pentax Q. I have a couple of toy lenses for it and am pleased to announce that the quality of the shots are just as bad as the Mini 11 in my incapable hands, so might try using it some days during the challenge.

I have to say, Tom Nook's sweater is ridiculously cool 😎 ... with such a stylish garment, I think he would be more than justified in charging you at least a small pocketfull of bells :)dance3:)

Okay, first yesterday's snap out the car window (parked)

P1040138~2.JPG

Today's also through the (rolled up) car window at work... Conference calls are way too early in the morning when the sun is still rising.

P1040158~2.JPG

And a couple more from today, as outtakes:

P1040166.JPG

P1040161.JPG

IMGP0806-instax.jpg

2nd one for today, Pentax Q as promised with the Pentax 05 Toy Lens Telephoto 18mm f/8, colour dial set to vintage colour, processed in CameraBag Pro, using non adjusted presets Fiilm Tone 02 and the Insta frame. The lens gives a 35mm equivalent field of view of 100mm on the original Q.

So the puppers and I went for a total of 6 miles of hiking today. Thankful for being able to work from home and have a flex schedule. I get to work 4 - 9 hour days and one 4 hour day.

Went to a local park and the trails were lightly used.

Took the Yashica Y35 with "In My Fancy" digiFilm loaded.
Because the sun was out and the snow, I just left the camera at +1 exposure comp.

The camera:
IMG_3248.jpg

The snap:
01-01-2018_day3_Y35_Y35_0009.jpg

View attachment 247934

2nd one for today, Pentax Q as promised with the Pentax 05 Toy Lens Telephoto 18mm f/8, colour dial set to vintage colour, processed in CameraBag Pro, using non adjusted presets Fiilm Tone 02 and the Insta frame. The lens gives a 35mm equivalent field of view of 100mm on the original Q.

You have a Q? How QOOOL.

The tiny Q is one camera I have periodically used to fantasize about acquiring some day (my list is actually relatively short) but never quite got around to it. Is yours the original (1st generation) Q? Thought by some (many) Pentaxaficionados to be the best, in spite of the supposed technical improvements of its successors? One doesn't see many of them around :)hiding:) ... would you post a picture of yours?

Back