Challenge! A 'Lo-FI' A Day Challenge

Iā€™m working on it. Iā€™m looking for the charger for my 4 mp Pentax Optio and trying to get my computer to read the CF card for my 2.1 mp Nikon Coolpix 950. I really want to use the Nikon. I also have an older 1 MP Olympus, but it uses those paper cards and I no longer have a reader. I could always use the 42 MP A7R and hit it with the Lomography filter. :rofl:

Hey, we are being pretty loose here with what qualifies! I have put certain restrictions on myself, but if you want to shoot with whatever and process it with a filter in post....I'd rather have your participation than not.

Day 2!! Digital Holga was set to 135 mode framing mode and color film mode.
I set the exposure to daylight for this one.

Straight out of camera. Just copied from the SD card and posted.
01-01-2012_day2_holgaDigital_SUNP0003.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Okay, guys, I really can't promise anything at the moment, but I'll try to contribute as regularily as possible. If that's okay with you, I'll have a go (if it's not, I'll just remove the image - no big deal!).

This is my first point of access: Some shots from the Leica Sofort, caught by my smartphone (no pp, just changing orientation). I'm not sure what I'll do next - though I remember having some seriously lo-fi cameras around, but I honestly have no idea where they are or what actually happened to them. I'll dig around.

IMG_20210202_201927.jpg

M.

This is fun ... (well, not really): I dug up *tons* of discarded old electronics I badly need to get rid off - no cameras so far, but several phones I had all but forgotten about. I must have been pretty crazy even then ... That said, if I can get one of them to charge, we may be in for *serious* lo-fi stuff ...

Meanwhile, an old action cam is charging up; I don't remember ever using it in earnest - could be funky indeed. I've also found a super-cheap old drone that's actually equipped with a camera. I'm so rubbish at flying these things that even trying to use it to catch a - inherently lo-fi - image might turn into something completely hilarious.

So, quite a few options, some of them truely quirky. This might be fun. I'll keep you posted (but certainly not today or tomorrow - this has to wait until the weekend ...).

M.

Okay, guys, I really can't promise anything at the moment, but I'll try to contribute as regularily as possible. If that's okay with you, I'll have a go (if it's not, I'll just remove the image - no big deal!).

This is my first point of access: Some shots from the Leica Sofort, caught by my smartphone (no pp, just changing orientation). I'm not sure what I'll do next - though I remember having some seriously lo-fi cameras around, but I honestly have no idea where they are or what actually happened to them. I'll dig around.

View attachment 247806

M.

All are welcome in any capacity that they can participate! Thanks for joining us! :)

My subject today is a tiny wind-up monkey toy - sitting in from of one of my favorite beer bottles which features a demented monkey scribe.

First my Instax lomo photo with my Automat Glassā€” but just for fun I did 2 iPhone scans with different Apps that came out very differently.

First the version with the Polaroid Appā€”

C8F88A24-FAC1-4E78-8360-378DBC2D30C7.jpeg

And next the version with the SNAP scanning Appā€”

1FECEE47-3C09-48C6-9443-DFAB0A4507AC.jpeg

Incidentally the colours of the Snap app seem much closer to those of the original than those of the Polaroid app. But this may require further testing before one jumps to a hasty conclusion (something I'm rather good at, at times šŸ™ƒ )

Last edited:
Then, three different shots of the same subject with the tiny plastic 9mm Olympus fisheye on my old infrared GX1 body...

The first--

GX1_Feb2_Monkey_squared#1.jpg

The second--

GX1_Feb2_Monkey_squared#2.jpg

And the third--

GX1_Feb2_Monkey_squared#3.jpg

The Lumix obviously possesses a higher 'technical' quality than the Lomography instant camera - and even though the tiny fixed-aperture fisheye is considered more of a 'toy' lens than a real one by many, it's still very capable. But even so, the Lomography-Instax version is pretty damn cool in quite a few ways.

And I have to at least partially agree with Karen's comment that her iPhone scans of Instax photos aren't coming out as nicely as the originals: the original Instax prints my Automat Glass are producing seem much more... not sure what the correct adjective is - much more coherent or polished or in some way sharper than the scans.

But this is lo-fi... so who cares? šŸ˜œ

View attachment 247806

M.

I really like the tones - or the palette of colours - with which your Sofort renders images.

Back