Challenge! A 'Lo-FI' A Day Challenge

muddyleaves.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This morning in southern Oregon it is crisp, cool, and blessedly sunny - with that harsh contrasty winter sunlight. A good day to step outside and take in a lungfull or two of the air. A good day to air out closets full of skeletons; and, by extension, a good day to coax the hidden monsters out from underneath one's bed... and up onto the mailboxes outside.

My Lomo Automat Instax always interprets colours a little differently than my human eyes, but I like how it 'sees' this winter morning---

Automat_Godzilla_on_mailboxes.jpg

And the infrared camera...well it definitely sees things in its own way---

GX1_Feb17_21_Godzilla_on_Mailboxes#4.jpg

I rather like the dark trees becoming almost white, and the lighter sky turning black. Sort of an instant hallucinogenic trip... then blink, and everything's back to normal.

Although they say that curiosity killed the cat, I am still breathing and still (as far as I know) not a feline, but curiosity is killing me: what is (or where did you find?) the subject matter of this intriguing image? And (I realize some questions may simply be unanswerable :confused-95: but) who is Hilary?

Some (many actually) years ago, in a bookstore, I indulged and bought a pop-up Book - that is, a book which, when you open its pages, 3-D paper sculptures 'pop up'. There have been quite a few charming and cute pop-up books for small children, but mine was for adults--

The_Pop-up_Book_of_Phobias.jpg

It's a weird and very cool book. And among its many twisted pop-up pages, is a spread devoted to mysophobia - a pathological fear of exposure to unsanitary or disease-producing substances. Many of which, for those with inclinations towards OCD, can be found in bathrooms... and specifically in or around...

Automat_Mysophobia_W.C..jpg

And as we all know, obsessions can distort the way we perceive reality.

GX1_Feb18_21_Mysophobia_W.C.jpg

I think I may need to sterilize my cameras now.

Back