Challenge! A 'Lo-FI' A Day Challenge

Decided to record a truly lo-fi imaging device recording a truly lo-fi image for today's entry.

IMGP1855-01.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

One of those Oregon winter mornings where it is drizzling and misty and foggy all at the same time. Everything seems slightly out of focus in the greyness of the world outside. Not the kind of weather most people would feel like climbing onto a motorbike and blasting on down a road, any road...

But there are exceptions to every rule.

Automat_Dino_Biker.jpg

And some people always seem to wear sunglasses even when it ain't sunny.

GX1_Feb19_21_Dino_Biker.jpg

A few years ago I had a Konica Autoreflex T. Just visually inspecting the camera, it appeared to be in excellent physical condition, and I expected it would do well as a walkabout camera, albeit a rather heavy one. But the results I obtained were so disappointing I ran only a single roll of film through it. Things that appeared in focus in the split-screen viewer were not; the camera had a tendency to badly overexpose scenes. I seem to have a knack for finding film cameras with sticky shutters. I ended up selling the camera for a small sum on eBay as "for parts or not working".

97970030.jpg

I’m having so much fun with this challenge. I tried to get one of those Fringer Nikon f to Fuji x smart adapters, but that was a bust.

I returned it and got a refund. That was to be my new job gift to myself.

Instead, I see where B&H Photo os having a decent sale on the Fuji SQ20 instax camera $120 and square film is down to $6 per pack of 10.

I’m not really that interested in the camera per say, but I do like the fact that I can load images on the micro SD card and print from there. I do that more often than I’d thought with the current instax mini printer I have.

B&H cart is locked out now for holiday observance, but will be back open at 7pm tonight EST. I’ll be ordering them and I will be able to continue using my lo-fi fun gear once it arrives.

The biggest thing, my mother in law is old school and loves to have pictures hanging in her house. We have a metal wire and clips up in her hallway and she has pictures up there from throughout the year. Every Christmas we take down the old and use my instant cameras to take new ones for her.

It’s a fun tradition that she cherishes and everyone loves the experience.

Back