Challenge! A 'Lo-FI' A Day Challenge

Hi-Fi image of Medium-Fi prints of a Lo-Fi scan of a old print of unknown quality, hung on the the fridge in duplicate.
fridgepics.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Odd story here. This appeared on our fridge about a month ago. It's been such a weird time that I never really looked closely at it. It was clearly a picture of my sister-in-law on her wedding day with her younger sister, my wife. Yesterday, going in the fridge, I randomly realize that this picture is not 70's Lo-Fi, but older. I finally look close and realize that it's a picture of my mother-in-Law on her wedding day with her younger sister, my wife's aunt, the latter of whom is now 88. It was kind of a spooky moment but in a good way. Hence, I use it for today's picture.

Damn, Milan!...your photo looks like a still from an old French nouvelle vague (New Wave) 1960's film that I really, really want to see (probably by Jean-Luc Godard, of course). It conjures up all kinds of peregrinations in my imagination.

The short version: a great image.

This is so....
(words fail me)
But (taking a deep breath), it's either a disturbingly brilliant portrait...or a great piece of documentary photojournalism. Or both. Either way, it rocks.

Just two (and a half) more questions, please:
1. Who is your subject?
2. Have you already sold the movie rights?
2.5 Because, if you haven't, I'm interested.

My wanderings today led me past one of my favorite espresso/cappuccino purveyors. My barista kindly assented to having his Lomo instant Instax photo taken---

Automat_Barista.jpg

Before pouring it into the takeout cup---

GX1_Feb22_21_Barista.jpg

I know there must be some arcane significance to their raccoon mascot, but for the life of me, I can't figure out what it could be---

GX1_Feb22_21_raccoon_cappuccino.jpg

Any caffeinated armchair biologists care to offer an explanation?

Last edited:
Back