Challenge! A 'Lo-FI' A Day Challenge

My subject today: the skeleton of an old trashed vehicle on a rural road, with a spray-painted message of farewell.

Among my many other discoveries this month has been that if I use a variable ND filter on the lens of my Lomo Automat Glass Instax camera, it creates some dramatic effects, especially when part of the frame is sky or clouds.

Automat_R.I.P._MAX.jpg

The infrared-converted GX1 creates its own drama--

GX1_Feb25_21_R.I.P._MAX.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

R.I.P. Max... someone is missing you.

Years ago, my son and his wife gave me a present of a tiny hanging 'mobile' - made from a photo of their very young daughter wearing a puffy 'onesie'. It's hanging from the top of an old lamp atop a bookshelf - but my Lomo instant camera makes her look like a floating blue snowflake--

Automat_baby_mobile.jpg

My plastic fisheye with its fixed f/8 aperture lets me get a little closer and transforms the young snowflake into a grainy Elf--

GX1_Feb26_21_baby_hanging_mobile.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

D5EA8018-0932-4BC8-AC65-D49D189D6864.jpeg

All I can do this evening is watch my phone. I’m waiting for news. They say no news is good news but my nerves are frazzled, just waiting. I’ve been trying to distract myself from the silence by time travelling. Not in a Police box, sadly, but by scrolling through some of my old(er) snaps on Smugmug. There it’s currently 2015, New York. Happier days. I haven’t shot anything else today. Not that kind of day.

View attachment 250047

This morning my peanut butter smothered crumpet breakfast tasted only a little better than it looked. It’s not my usual yummy peanut butter. After the first bite it kind of reminded me a little bit of pac-man with a nasty skin condition but it filled the spot.
Peanut butter on crumpets? Sacrilege!!! It has to be either just lashings of butter or honey or golden syrup!

View attachment 250156

All I can do this evening is watch my phone. I’m waiting for news. They say no news is good news but my nerves are frazzled, just waiting. I’ve been trying to distract myself from the silence by time travelling. Not in a Police box, sadly, but by scrolling through some of my old(er) snaps on Smugmug. There it’s currently 2015, New York. Happier days. I haven’t shot anything else today. Not that kind of day.
Karen?? News...??

Back