Fuji a moment of silence

Luke

Legend
Name
Luke
I'd like to request a moment of silence for the passing of an old friend. Though he was a good friend, I never knew his name. I guess he is called the optical viewfinder blackout curtain. It's that little curtain that cover the optical viewfinder when you switch between the OVF and the EVF. It has stuck in the open position so when you switch to EVF mode, it project the EVF over your clear OVF window which is very disconcerting. I'm fairly certain I don't want to send it in for repair. God only knows how much that would cost and the camera still takes fine photos.

I think I'll probably just put a piece of black tape over the window and lose out on the cool OVF. I really enjoy the OVF, but if I can only have one of the two, I think the EVF is more useful.

Mine stuck half-way a few times on the X100. Scared me to death, but then it just never happened again. That was my Plan B... black tape. I basically never used the OVF.

Pouring out half of my 40 now.

I'm glad I brought the X100 with me down to the Virgin Islands. I don't know why, but the curtain suddenly works again. :yahoo:

Maybe the ol' Fuji just needed a vacation. Or maybe the humid air had some sort of healing properties.

You're so funny, Luke - though I guess you really do mean it about the beach. Do you like swimming? That's really what I love about the beach - and the endless, often calming, often exciting view of the ocean and the horizon.

Enjoy your rum, matey!

You're so funny, Luke - though I guess you really do mean it about the beach. Do you like swimming? That's really what I love about the beach - and the endless, often calming, often exciting view of the ocean and the horizon.

Enjoy your rum, matey!

I used to love swimming as a kid. Now I just get tired and winded and I can't stay in the sun too long or I burn to a crisp. But if it's cloudy, I enjoy it a bit more. And I love the sound of the waves. But I really hate the sand....and the sun. I'll be the weirdo wearing a t-shirt and tennis shoes walking on the beach.....I may go a step further and start carrying an umbrella (to block the sun).

The only good thing about the beach really is that it means I'm not at work :clapping:

Only a couple days left here on vacation, so I better find out what the featured drink is at the poolside bar today. :drinks:

I agree with Luke here. The beach does nothing for me. It's nice to walk on the beach but lay there in the sun? Nah. I expect some extension of this attitude explains my complete lack of interest in cruises. I like to be entertained on my vacations, so it's cities or rides or hikes or theme parks for me.

A beach in Sussex, England, was pretty much where I discovered photography on an old Canon s50. The light and shadow, the textures of stones and weatherbeaten woodwork, playing with waves and shutter speeds. Blew my mind.
But lying there... no, me neither, unless I'm asleep.
But rum on the beach? Why wouldn't you?

Back