Leica A New Arrival

Hi, Yes I use DxO and Lightroom.
With your Leica digital M? Any special thoughts about DXO?... Since I don't have coded lenses the relatively limited modules are of little use to me. More interested in the RAW processing engine , perhaps compared to LR or something else you might have tried.

I usually set the lens type manually with the M9 and M Monochrom. It's always best to do so when a lens is not coded, even if just to get the focal length in the EXIF data.

The modules should also recognize the lens code.

I always set the lens manually on the M9 but the DxO modules that are available for Leica don't seem to make any difference to me anyway but I do use the Leica profiles in LR as they seem to help with barrel distortion. I like the RAW processing in DxO buy seems to take me longer to get the look I want so I always end up back in LR, I have used it for years and know it well so perhaps its just because I am more comfortable with it. I tried Capture One and I really wanted to like it but in the end it was a mess to me, I could never get the highlights correct and the more I played around the worst it got so gave up with it.

I like the presets in DxO and I found it very easy to pick up and use even when I have never used it before, it came pretty natural to know what all the settings would do and I am sure with more playing and practice I would like it even more than LR but as always its all down to time and lack of it :)

James
You are right.....time is truly a precious resource and learning curves wit software are voracious consumers of it.

Back