A question about the Marketplace and those of you who sell there.

US sellers could ask non-US buyers to pay with PP Gift or some other method that cannot be charged back, thus putting the risk on the buyer. I suppose I'd do that, though I don't like using Gift option.
With all due respect Dean, I'd be wanting some buyer protection myself and this is completely negated by PP Gifting. Sorry but this would see your parcel shipped to one place and one place only - The Little Island of No Sale.

I might often times. Fortune favors the bold and a polite question hurts no one.

I actually have had overseas sellers nearly demand I ship to them AT A REDUCED PRICE! This usually occurs when I have already listed some cheaply because of a cosmetic flaw and they seem to think they have a strong negotiating position, lol.

Such a request receives no reply...

John, I get the same response from local yokels. They do feel entitled, don't they. I even had abuse from one, a series of abusive mails when I refused, then refused to respond any further. No accounting for bad manners in the shallow end of the gene pool.

John, I get the same response from local yokels. They do feel entitled, don't they. I even had abuse from one, a series of abusive mails when I refused, then refused to respond any further. No accounting for bad manners in the shallow end of the gene pool.

Ha ha! True that. Reading my quote in your response I meant to say "overseas buyers" and not "sellers" but you obviously got my drift, lol.

I haven't sold any cameras in a number of years but I did sell to a member in Australia and one in New Zealand and one in Spain and one in Canada - all sales went well, however I "knew" all the people I sold to for a good long period of time via Amin's sites...mostly on Mu43. Of all those sold to, there are two I am still in touch with as photo pals. One is still very active on the sites. I will say that it certainly helped that my Down Under connection had a very easy way for me to ship...it had to do with some kind of intermediary shipping service which was very helpful. Don't ask me to remember how it worked though.

Oh and by the way, I've always physically gone down to the US Post office to do my posting...fortunately where we live now it's such a small town that it's a perfectly pleasant experience.:)

With all due respect Dean, I'd be wanting some buyer protection myself and this is completely negated by PP Gifting. Sorry but this would see your parcel shipped to one place and one place only - The Little Island of No Sale.

I agree with you completely Mark. I wouldn't buy something with no protection either. But why would you expect me to sell something with no protection? Doesn't that blade but both ways?

I.... I will say that it certainly helped that my Down Under connection had a very easy way for me to ship...it had to do with some kind of intermediary shipping service which was very helpful. Don't ask me to remember how it worked though.

I keep forgetting about the re-shippers. I have an account with one that gives me an address in Oregon or somewhere. LOL. One usually uses places like this for acquiring things from Amazon etc who often refuse to ship to Australia. Not everything, just some items. I've actually used a place called PriceUSA which does the buying for you from various shipping-refusers (like Amazon... I needed a cable to connect my BGL meter to my iPhone, to take advantage of the app I had downloaded, but the company would not sell separately from Amazon, and they would not ship to OZ... so I had to do it another way. What a pain! They should never have made the app available outside the US if they didnt want the rest of us using it)

Not here but in other photo forums I always ask even if the seller say CONUS only. I can't recall exactly how may times but I have met a positive response and concluded a deal where I pay the (obviously) higher shipping costs.

LouisB

Back