A rainy Monday morning

tonyturley

Legend
Name
Tony
Drove in the rain to a remote lake about an hour from my house. I had a fair bit of company for a soggy Monday morning. Plum Orchard Lake is popular. Quite rainy and foggy most of the morning, although the fog eventually burned away around noon, leading to a blustery day with the rain, clouds, wind, and sun playing tag all afternoon. These were with the 10-24 on the X-T1. Any smears on the filter are solely the responsibility of the photographer.

DSCF0202.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSCF0204.JPG

DSCF0210.JPG

DSCF0215.JPG

DSCF0226.JPG

DSCF0222.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Drove in the rain to a remote lake about an hour from my house. I had a fair bit of company for a soggy Monday morning. Plum Orchard Lake is popular. Quite rainy and foggy most of the morning, although the fog eventually burned away around noon, leading to a blustery day with the rain, clouds, wind, and sun playing tag all afternoon. These were with the 10-24 on the X-T1. Any smears on the filter are solely the responsibility of the photographer.

View attachment 33794
View attachment 33795
View attachment 33796
View attachment 33797
View attachment 33799
View attachment 33800
J'adore ces atmosphères vaporeuses!

Looks like a quiet place - and you said you had company. I struggle with that out here, making places look emptier than they were in reality. It pays off when you can manage it.

It was mostly quiet - except for the idiot going from cove to cove, shooting from a boat. I tried to get a pic of him from across the lake with the 230, but he was too far for details. He saw me across the lake watching, and quickly headed back to the dock. By the time I was back at my car and headed out myself, he was gone. I talked to a DNR officer, and he said what the guy was doing broke several state laws, but unless they caught him in the act, not much they could do. There were a few other fishermen, and a number of vehicles driving on the roads around the lake.

Damn!

The little hike we did in Colorado a few weeks ago, up a fire road to a fire watch tower, passed what seemed to be a sanctioned spot to fire guns. 3-4 trucks there at all times, targets set up among the stumps, constant gunfire. You could never get away from the sound of it. Happens a lot here in OR too -- everywhere you want to camp, except the park campgrounds, is littered with shell casings.

Back