Fuji A return of sorts....G'day from Oz

stillshunter

Super Moderator Emeritus
Name
Mark
Some familiar faces on here from Serious Compacts and many a newbie too.

So, Mark here from Australia.

Been away from compacts for a little while, but thanks to mertlee (who might also be a member here) I have an X100s on the way. This will be my next step in simplifying....again!

What's in my arsenal?
Last week: Nikon D700, Nikon FM2n, Nikkors 24/2.8, 50/1.2, 105/2.5 and Voigtlander 40/2, and many a film camera
Next week: Digital - Fuji X100s and Sony RX100, and Film - Contax T3 (oh I love that film compact), Olympii mjuii (aka Stylus Epic) and a beater XA.
Last year:....you really don't wanna know

What do I shoot? Well a little of everything and a lot of cows and horses ;) Have a sticky beak here.

Great to be back. One camera in my past was the X100. I sold it as I couldn't stand the MF and....well I lived in constant paranoia of the SAB. So this is a homecoming of sorts...

Looking forward to sharing photos and stories with y'all once the X100s arrives in a few days time. :2thumbs:

Cheers,
Mark

Schucks, thanks guys. :grouphug:...and yes BB I feel I have come to my senses....or succumbed to some deep-seated addiction :confused: Wow, bartjeej, that's a real compliment coming from you mate. Always been a fan of your work too. Forgotten the calibre of images from SC. And Bill, my mate from out West. Of course, I am sticking with film - the Contax T3, Oly mjuii (aka Stylus Epic) and XA will all stay in the stable (all 35mm lenses too I just realised...just like the x100) ;) My main thing is digital for colour work and film for B+W. Love the process of developing film - nothing like the smell of fresh film though I sometimes might not say the same for fixer :alcoholic: - and the files have a richness and texture that I find hard to replicate in post-process.

Sniiiiiiiffffffffffffffffff......Ahhhhhhh....it's great to be back among friends.

Oh man, I'd almost rush out and get a Fuji to have more reason to be active here. How are you Mark?
Well mate I would have paid the small price earlier if I realised what came bundled with the little Fuji ticket. What a crowd! ;)

Mate I fare well, and can't complain really. Transitioned through too many cameras - and I'll only admit to half of them - to come full circle. Well sort of, along the way I developed an obsession with B+W film. Love the aesthetic and simplicity of the camera itself - it just doesn't get in the way (if that makes sense), and I love the process of anticipation and the art of development. Looking forward to building my darkroom....yeah ONE day. Have all the contents just need to find the time to get down to it. I hear printing is the next big buzz....

So that's me......

How's about you? ;)

Doing fine. Went through all possible Pens but ran into sensor limitations, did the Single in January with the GH2 but never got to like it. I really do like the OMD EM5, and like the small primes. So now I have both black and silver camera bodies, with too many lenses. My favorite is still the 25 1.4, but added the 12, 17 1.8, 45 1.8 and two zooms (12-50 / 75-300). And am still looking at those amazing Fuji's. One thing's for sure: SIJ didn't cure me from GAS.

Doing fine. Went through all possible Pens but ran into sensor limitations, did the Single in January with the GH2 but never got to like it. I really do like the OMD EM5, and like the small primes. So now I have both black and silver camera bodies, with too many lenses. My favorite is still the 25 1.4, but added the 12, 17 1.8, 45 1.8 and two zooms (12-50 / 75-300). And am still looking at those amazing Fuji's. One thing's for sure: SIJ didn't cure me from GAS.

Sorry to hear your Single In treatment in January didn't quite do the trick. Scientific studies have shown, much like giving up smoking, participants of the SI therapy program find increased success on successive attempts. Just let me know if I need to issue another prescription either here or on SC ;)

Also from Oz. I have not been very active as yet.......busy sadly. I hope to rectify that though, I just bought myself a birthday (50th) present on Monday - both the 35/1.4 and 14/2.8

G'day Geoff, mate great to make your acquaintance. Funny I have balanced the books with the X100s purchase and will have some spare funds after the D700, FM2n 24 and 105mm AIS lenses sell. If all goes to plan I will have just about enough for either a XPro1 w/- 35mm or rangefinder and one lens (Leica and Zeiss not!) or a nice present for my other half. Ummm...so the Fuji maybe? :sorry:

Back