Fuji A return to older ways with Fujifilm X10

View attachment 132128 Aside from the controls, the X10’s lens was a joy. Fast, sharp, and a good zoom range. This is one of my favorite shots from that camera.
Lovely...though I doubt you could take a bad photo of such a handsome cat!

Yes, the lens is lovely, and you just can't compare the manual zoom (which feels way nicer than my Panasonic 14-140mm mft lens or other zooms I've ever used) with any others - that alone, along with the OVF ( which I don't usually care for since digital!) is what made me return to it.

Last edited:
The X10 was my second digital Fuji, the first being the F30. My serious compacts journey has taken me through many, many cameras, almost all of which I still own. The X10 was special because of the mechanical zoom lens and decent jpeg output, with the ability to shoot accurately white balanced images in all kinds of lighting conditions. The OVF helps you forget it's a digital, in some ways.

Fuji Hong Kong created this magnificently artistic and somewhat unsettling commercial for the X10. It follows a schoolgirl who relentlessly documents her life and the strange things she sees. It roughly translates as 'I am a black cat, photographing everywhere. A psychedelic explosion. If a god of photography exists, I have seduced him'. That's gotta be one of the coolest ad slogans ever.

Last edited:
The X10 was my second digital Fuji, the first being the F30. My serious compacts journey has taken me through many, many cameras, almost all of which I still own. The X10 was special because of the mechanical zoom lens and decent jpeg output, with the ability to shoot accurately white balanced images in all kinds of lighting conditions. The OVF helps you forget it's a digital, in some ways.

Fuji Hong Kong created this magnificently artistic and somewhat unsettling commercial for the X10. It follows a schoolgirl who relentlessly documents her life and the strange things she sees. It roughly translates as 'I am a black cat, photographing everywhere. A psychedelic explosion. If a god of photography exists, I have seduced him'. That's gotta be one of the coolest ad slogans ever.

Wow, what an ad! Thanks for sharing it. I think it really looks at the difference the X- series was all about.

I like your phrase about the OVF helping you forget it's digital...to me, it's (largely) the best of both worlds.

Back