A river runs through it?

tonyturley

Legend
Name
Tony
No appreciable rain across the state for 3 weeks or more. Streams are very low, some waterfalls completely dry. Some of the deeper pools in the rivers are still there, but a lot of places you could rock hop across the channel, or even just walk across. Combination of X-T1 + 10-24 and X30. Not terribly impressed with the IQ of the rented 10-24 so far.

DSCF0166.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSCF0172.jpg

DSCF0176.jpg

DSCF0181.jpg

DSCF8646.jpg

DSCF8647.jpg

Tony I had a similar experience with the 10-24. It was soft. Sent mine back and replaced it with the 16 1.4 and never looked back. The difference was night and day. I will pick up the 14 or the Roki 12 when I go to Utah for my ultra wide stuff. It's a shame with this lens because you have great composition and POV and the colors knock me out. Beautiful.

Lovely colors, despite the dryness.
It was quite pretty.

Tony I had a similar experience with the 10-24. It was soft. Sent mine back and replaced it with the 16 1.4 and never looked back. The difference was night and day. I will pick up the 14 or the Roki 12 when I go to Utah for my ultra wide stuff. It's a shame with this lens because you have great composition and POV and the colors knock me out. Beautiful.
Thanks Tim. I had read your comments about the 10-24, and it seems there was another forum member that didn't care for the lens. I had considered renting the 16mm, but decided to try the 10-24, anyway. The images aren't terrible, but I expected a $1,000 lens to be a bit sharper.

Yes, Tony the promise of an ultra wide zoom that was dead nuts sharp got me to buy it from KEH, and I really gave it a good go, just never got anything that really pulled me into those photo's. It was a couple days past my return date but they got in a like new 16 and I pulled the trigger at almost a dead even exchange. At the moment I only have three lens in my kit. The 18-55, 55-200 and the 16 and really I'm good if I never buy another lens, or camera really, The XT-1 is all I need.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back