Film A roll of Ektar in 1 day

KillRamsey

Hall of Famer
Name
Kyle
I decided to shoot a roll of Ektar a few weekends ago while the Missus was out of town, documenting what the Girl and I got into in her absence. I had to finish the roll off the next weekend with some generic motorcycle shots, but 34 of them were shot that day. I had some keepers ("Keepers," of course, being a relative term... my keepers would probably not make your cut.) A few of them...

Breakfast
14655731972_225937bfff_c.jpg
One Roll in One Day by gordopuggy, on Flickr

THE PLAYGROUND HAS A FOUNTAIN
14469432000_027a6601b6_c.jpg

The new bike I got for Father's Day, a Workcycles Bakfiets
14653886984_00deaa0e03_c.jpg

Buddy's triumph
14655730572_6eb1fd0e38_c.jpg

Gordo, in all his grumpy-old-man glory
14633138906_2959437b4b_c.jpg

Cool to see such a Dutch icon over there in the States! (the Bakfiets)
Nice shots, love the fountain shot - her expression, and your description! :D
I like how the ektar handled the diffuse light of the motorcycle shot, but it appears to me that it's not quite as adept at handling strong lighting differences as many digital sensors - or is it a lens/glare thing?

but it appears to me that it's not quite as adept at handling strong lighting differences as many digital sensors - or is it a lens/glare thing?

It always seems to blow out with really strong contrast. The lenses are a 69 rokkor MC 55 f1.7 (which is good glass but not really coated well) and a mid-70's MD 28 f2.8, which is better coated. So I'm not really sure whom to blame, I just know when I'm in bright sunlight to lower my expectations. I think TMax 400 seems to do a lot better.

Back