Fuji A very interesting comparison!

Michael

Rookie
Mr Putts says...
X100
Personally I don't totally agree with all the conclusions I love the M9 but would kill for the close focus function of the X100 in it. The wonderful people in Solms have hinted changes with the new sensor in next years M10 I wonder... ;)

Michael

perceptivelight.com

The interesting point to muse about is the fact that the APS-C sensor size can challenge the 135-sized sensor in many situations as far as image quality is concerned, the only advantage of the larger-sized sensor is the ability to use all lenses without a crop-factor.

I'm glad Mr. Puts, a well respected Leica commentator, singled out this observation as paramount in his conclusion (i.e. APS-C is up to the task and likely to surpass Leica's aging sensor soon enough) although personally I look at the crop-factor and its impact on lens focal length choice as a two way street. The 1.5x factor certainly aids APS-C ILC camera users in fitting out their kit for lens perspectives in the slightly wide / wide-normal, and short telephoto/portrait and is a real boon for longer telephoto perspectives.

Given all the legacy lenses out there (that haven't been sent to the dump out there) enthusiasts have a lot of low cost good quality manual focus lens selection which I certainly appreciate even if Leica might not. I can hardly wait for my NEX-7 to ship and make suddenly useful all my 35mm manual focus lenses once more.

Back