Micro 4/3 A walk around Copenhagen with my LX5

Chris2500dk

Top Veteran
The weather turned out nice today, which is a welcome change from the rain we've been having lately.
I figured I'd take a walk with the new LX5, to see how it felt in actual use. Especially compared with my S95.

Overall I'm very pleased with it, I love the aspect mode switch, it really makes a big difference (for me at least) to have them at my fingertips instead of trying to visualize how the image would look in different aspects.
The controls are very good and easy to use, I would have liked to be able to configure the fn key to resetting the AF area instead of having to press "focus"+"display"+"scroll left for small box"+"half press to clear" after having moved the box around, but I guess I can get used to it.

I did find the camera a bit slippery on the bottom, it has a tendency to slide into my closed hand when I hold it. The grip is fine on the front, but because the plastic is so smooth on the bottom gripping harder with the finger on the front just makes it slide more. I'll have to add some non-slip stuff on the bottom, then I expect it'll be fine.

These are my favourites from today, all developed from raw in Lightroom 3.6

7077337375_cd4b02bf1a_z.jpg

1P1030467_LR3 by ChristianHass, on Flickr
View attachment 52295
1P1030463_LR3 by ChristianHass, on Flickr
7077337191_457ceafefc_z.jpg

1P1030439_LR3 by ChristianHass, on Flickr
View attachment 52297
1P1030438_LR3 by ChristianHass, on Flickr
View attachment 52298
1P1030427_LR3 by ChristianHass, on Flickr
View attachment 52299
1P1030489_LR3 by ChristianHass, on Flickr

Very nice colours and compositions.

The Panasonic cameras with the multi-aspect sensors (LX and GH models) are the only cameras where I find it productive to select the different aspect ratios in-camera since it actually does more than merely crop the image.

Very nice Chris. Great little camera and you're using it well. I too love the aspect ratio switch on the top of the cam. I like to shoot landscape in 3:2 and portrait in 4:3 and the LX5 makes that switch so easy I actually switch!

Enjoy,

-Ray

Back