Sony A65

lucien

Legend
Hi, I'm in trouble with a camera I bought on Ebay. I don't think the seller mentioned it was for the domestic market aka asian/japan only. There is a program I tried pmca gui. It can convert the menu into 35 languages, but it's limited to certain models. Long story short, I like the camera but I'm having problems obtaining a japanese pdf of the manual, and I want back button auto focus on either the movie button or the ael lock button. A few other features I can live without would be turning off eye auto focus and how long the images are displayed. The function menu items are almost identical. I even did the firmware update myself. Does anyone think/know of a work around ? Is the A230 menu close to the A65 then I could just go screen by screen.

Thanks in advance,

yes it's a misread. The menu on the camera is in Japanese. Very difficult to manipulate the settings during config. The Seller sent me the japanese pdf and I slugged my through both guides at once. I'd say 90% set up to my liking now. The weird thing is back button af with the AEL button doesn't work in Manual mode. PAS is fine go figure. The seller even offered a refund if I couldn't solve the problem.

All is well,

I’m sort of familiar with the process as in my experience, gear bought from Japan is generally of better condition and quality. It was obtaining an English manual online which guided me to the menu item in the camera changing all to English which did it for me.

This version is only for domestic use. Not supposed to leave the country. It is written in Japanese for Japanese, hence the cheap price. I paid a couple hundred for it. 21k on it and the lcd is not in the best chape in terms of finish. I won't complain. I do wish that it had 2 mode dials though. I'm not used to 1 and I have to sort out the iso part. Ir might improve my manual shooting

I’m sort of familiar with the process as in my experience, gear bought from Japan is generally of better condition and quality. It was obtaining an English manual online which guided me to the menu item in the camera changing all to English which did it for me.
was the menu all in Japanese and the language section greyed out? Or non existent

Back