Abandoned Coal Breaker Exploration

Interesting stuff. I really like the way you process your colour images for this series. Makes me think I can almost touch the rust!

Interesting stuff. I really like the way you process your colour images for this series. Makes me think I can almost touch the rust!

Thanks!

You know, I can't put my finger on it, but there is something I like about the color I get from these older Panasonic sensors -- including the ones in the older PEN cameras also. Although the Sony sensors are excellent, there's a certain quality about the Panasonic color -- even processed from RAW -- that I can't quite define.

But I do like it and I think it's apparent in these images -- whatever it is!

Although the Sony sensors are excellent, there's a certain quality about the Panasonic color -- even processed from RAW -- that I can't quite define.

But I do like it and I think it's apparent in these images -- whatever it is!

This mirrors my perception & experience exactly. Panasonic's rendition of colour has an immediate appeal; although I now find the new foveon sensors extend this quality to an emotional almost operatic pitch.

This mirrors my perception & experience exactly. Panasonic's rendition of colour has an immediate appeal; although I now find the new foveon sensors extend this quality to an emotional almost operatic pitch.

Operatic? Sounds like we have indeed reached the point where "the fat lady sings!"

Looking at these again I would have to use the term sublime ... truly gorgeous images these John :)

would you be happy to advise your processing steps/settings etc ?

Looks like you had cracking light for it too

Tis just a phase I am in - I call everyone big man ...some of the girls at work don't like it but meh ? ;)

No worries! In case you haven't noticed I'm always having fun with language and leave few opportunities to goof around pass me by.

Looking at these again I would have to use the term sublime ... truly gorgeous images these John :)

would you be happy to advise your processing steps/settings etc ?

Looks like you had cracking light for it too

Thanks loads!

Mike, I did a post over on MU-43 about my processing approach in this thread: My approach to a "look" for my photography - Micro Four Thirds User Forum

Have a whack at that and see what you think and whether that starts to answer your query or not. Happy to share though so ask away.

Back