Stroll Abandoned

A strange one here:

2305-138 EM5:2-12:45.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I wondered what it could be, lying in the middle of the meadow.
When I investigated, it turned out to be an oven glove.
I presume one of the owner's dogs had stolen it from the castle kitchen and run off to play with it?

2305-139 EM5:2-12:45.jpg

Cool photo, Bobby. Prior to the invention of what I call "American swimming pool" lavatories, that used half the Hoover dam to flush ...

In Australia (driest continent in the world, apart from Antarctica), dual flush, low water usage lavatories have been compulsory in all states for a long time now. Our second lavatory was a 6-8 litre single flush, and it was replaced about 10 years ago with a low volume, dual flush unit. Uses about 3L for half flush, and 4.5L for full flush. The state government subsidised the replacement with a 50% contribution, including installation.

Water is a serious problem here, with about 80% of the country falling inside the 5" isohyet.

Phenomenal photograph, Bobby.
Everything about it - the light, the shadows, the textures, the composition of course - it almost seems 'painterly'.
I suspect also that part of the reason I appreciate this image so much is the way it's processed. I could go on and on about why but...
Short version: a great photo.

Phenomenal photograph, Bobby.
Everything about it - the light, the shadows, the textures, the composition of course - it almost seems 'painterly'.
I suspect also that part of the reason I appreciate this image so much is the way it's processed. I could go on and on about why but...
Short version: a great photo.
Thank you very much, Miguel.

Beautiful old stone structure from a remote area in central Utah.
P1035912-2.jpg
P1035914-2.jpg
P1035915-2.jpg
P1035916-2.jpg
P1035917-2.jpg
P1035920-2.jpg
P1035921-2.jpg
P1035922-2.jpg
P1035923-2.jpg

Back