Abandoned

Jack Loudon

Regular
Real Name
Jack Loudon
DSC02412.JPG
DSC02426.JPG
Uninhabited (from what I could see) island in Sea of Cortez, Mexico; with abandoned machinery and buildings. Also a salt pile, so likely a former saltworks. I have no idea how the shoes and other detritus found its way into this building.

tonyturley

Legend
Real Name
Tony
I have photographed this abandoned house several times in different seasons and lighting conditions, but today I decided to get closer and snoop around a bit. It is not empty at all, but has appliances, furniture, tools, and other stuff. I saw part of a cordless circular saw on the back porch, and weathered kids' plastic toys in the yard. Makes me wonder if the last legitimate occupants just cut and run, and squatters have used it over the years (decades?).

DSCF3739.JPG

DSCF3742.JPG

DSCF3743.JPG

DSCF3744.JPG

DSCF3746.JPG

DSCF3747.JPG

DSCF3750.JPG

tonyturley

Legend
Real Name
Tony
I have learned that decades ago this place was once a hunting and fishing camp for the privileged and connected in our state capital about 60 miles away. One person said the place was still filled with a cornucopia of sportsman esoterica, such as mounted animal heads and bodies. I peeked inside when I was there last week, and it was too dark to see much. Besides, I was afraid Jason Voorhees would grab me and haul me through a window if I got too close.

DSCF3849.JPG

MiguelATF

Hall of Famer
Talent, Oregon (far from the madding crowd)
Real Name
Miguel Tejada-Flores
The old (19th century) miner's cabin that sits out behind my old (but not quite as old) farmhouse, has been unoccupied and, basically abandoned, for at least a century

Here is the old doorway--

PenF_Day11_Cabin_door_VSCOPortra160Alt+.jpg

Looking up at the ceiling, and through it to the roof which is no longer solid---

PenF_Day11_Cabin_roof_VSCOPortra160Alt+.jpg

The peeling (but still visible) ancient wallpaper---

PenF_Day11_Cabin_wallpaper_VSCOPortra160Alt+.jpg

And a window---

PenF_Day11_Cabin_window_VSCOPortra160Alt+.jpg

The old (19th century) miner's cabin that sits out behind my old (but not quite as old) farmhouse, has been unoccupied and, basically abandoned, for at least a century

Here is the old doorway--

View attachment 251306

Looking up at the ceiling, and through it to the roof which is no longer solid---

View attachment 251307

The peeling (but still visible) ancient wallpaper---

View attachment 251308

And a window---

View attachment 251309
Miguel, you've managed to capture the very essentials of abandoned houses. How you manage the subject, tones, soul and composition. Congrats, well done

Latest threads

Top Bottom