Stroll Abandoned

Interesting. French pattern tiles on the roof. Unusual in areas south of France in that era.
Quite a rural area - lots of these types of cottages laying deserted as the owners went to the cities for work. The majority of the Rivers banks in Portugal's Douro are either populated with Olive trees or vineyards, all the way down to the river. You can just see the Sandeman statue outside their place up in the hills with Pinhao in the distance.
_DSF5758-Edit.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

There once was a time I'd take it upon myself to climb over the locked fence and traipse across an abandoned footbridge like this, unafraid of what was on the now blocked and overgrown other side. Er not this particular one though.
Abandoned Bridge1 CF2.jpg

Abandoned Bridge2 CF2.jpg

Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 50mm F2, Contax Rangefinder Mount

Last edited:
This is SUCH a great photo, Bobby.
A compelling documentary image.
And beautifully processed, too.
I'm curious (since I didn't see any listed Exif or camera info on your posting) - what camera and lens did you use? One of your Fujis?
Thank you, Miguel! I still haven’t nailed down why some of my photos have the exif on here and others do not. This was shot with a Canon 40D and Sigma 10-20mm lens. Sometime 15-20 years ago.

Thank you, Miguel! I still haven’t nailed down why some of my photos have the exif on here and others do not. This was shot with a Canon 40D and Sigma 10-20mm lens. Sometime 15-20 years ago.
Some RAW processors munch up EXIF data - unfortunately, my preferred pp tool, Polarr, does that (you can witness it if you look at images I took with the M10 or D750, cameras I only shoot RAW with).

M.

Back