Stroll Abandoned

PN100321.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Long abandoned WWII pillbox.

The old (19th century) miner's cabin that sits out behind my old (but not quite as old) farmhouse, has been unoccupied and, basically abandoned, for at least a century

Here is the old doorway--

PenF_Day11_Cabin_door_VSCOPortra160Alt+.jpg

Looking up at the ceiling, and through it to the roof which is no longer solid---

PenF_Day11_Cabin_roof_VSCOPortra160Alt+.jpg

The peeling (but still visible) ancient wallpaper---

PenF_Day11_Cabin_wallpaper_VSCOPortra160Alt+.jpg

And a window---

PenF_Day11_Cabin_window_VSCOPortra160Alt+.jpg

The old (19th century) miner's cabin that sits out behind my old (but not quite as old) farmhouse, has been unoccupied and, basically abandoned, for at least a century

Here is the old doorway--

View attachment 251306

Looking up at the ceiling, and through it to the roof which is no longer solid---

View attachment 251307

The peeling (but still visible) ancient wallpaper---

View attachment 251308

And a window---

View attachment 251309
Miguel, you've managed to capture the very essentials of abandoned houses. How you manage the subject, tones, soul and composition. Congrats, well done

Miguel, you've managed to capture the very essentials of abandoned houses. How you manage the subject, tones, soul and composition. Congrats, well done

Thank you. Coming from you, the words carry the weight of a real compliment and are much appreciated. I think for me, half the battle is finding the right lens; in this case, it was the Panasonic-Leica 15mm wide angle (mine is a DJI-branded copy, but the identical lens), which I think is probably my favorite mu3/4 lens of all time. With a field of view (FOV) equivalent to 30mm, it's almost halfway between the two classic old-school wider-angle primes - wider than a 35mm, but narrower than the ubiquitous 28mm. Panasonic makes the lens but Leica engineers desgined it - and the lens really possesses many more qualities than meet the eye. I took these particular images with a Pen F, but this same small lens has also produced great images with my old GX8 and my newer GX9. Having great glass is at least half the battle, I think.

Last edited:
Back