Fuji Accessories

Phoenix

All-Pro
Name
Phoenix Gonzales
A bit superficial this thread :p, but one thing I do like with my Fuji XP1 is it's retro design and the ability to customise it to your liking.

I use the handgrip which I find really helps with the ergonomics
View attachment 135

I have replaced the squashed coke can lens hood with a vented hood lens cap purely for aesthetic purposes and because the included lens cap keeps on slipping off the lens hood.
View attachment 136

I got a "koi" soft release from matchtechnical
View attachment 137

I used to use and wrist strap but I have recently purchased a leather neck strap so that I can keep my hands free when I'm walking around.
View attachment 138

My gear
View attachment 131

Thumb rests are quite popular but I find them awkward to use with the hand grip and I prefer the ergonomics of the hand grip.

What accessories do you use? Show us how you customised your gear ;)

Attachments

• 6406099.jpg
    6406099.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 1,704
  • Handgrip.jpg
    Handgrip.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 1,703
  • neckstrap.jpg
    neckstrap.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 1,731
Phoenix, your X-Pro looks very well dressed.

Is this a good place to wonder aloud if the X100s dimensions are exactly the same as the X100. I sold my X100 to someone who wasn't interested in the leather case and I'm wondering if I can use it on my X100S when it arrives.

Here is the case that I like. I think it makes it look even more like an old camera......
8433079438_48a633ddd4.jpg

DSCF0568 by Lukinosity, on Flickr

The X100 looks quite good in in the leather case, the silver, black and leather tan looks great together. I read some hands on previews about the X100s and apparently aside from the "S" on the markings the size is identical to the X100 ;)

x100-redbop-4416.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Accessories shown...
Gordy wrist strap, russet with red cord
Match Technical bop - satin red (now with added 1.3mm o-ring to secure it)
Lensmate thumbrest
WCL-X100 Wide converter
B+W UV filter MRC

...and not shown:
JJC lens hood, 49mm center pinch silver lens cap, hyperfocal chart taped to bottom
Too many straps, still can't choose the right one, still ordering more
Old, well used Eddie Bauer satchel (very small) to store and carry extra batteries, SD cards, EF-20 flash, charger (with Apple duckhead plug), WCL covers, accessories. Too small for camera with WCL, or camera + accessories, still bag-hunting for the right carry-all.
(Other non-photographic accessories included for ambiance and entertainment purposes only)

x100-redbop-4416.jpg

Accessories shown...
Gordy wrist strap, russet with red cord
Match Technical bop - satin red (now with added 1.3mm o-ring to secure it)
Lensmate thumbrest
WCL-X100 Wide converter
B+W UV filter MRC

...and not shown:
JJC lens hood, 49mm center pinch silver lens cap, hyperfocal chart taped to bottom
Too many straps, still can't choose the right one, still ordering more
Old, well used Eddie Bauer satchel (very small) to store and carry extra batteries, SD cards, EF-20 flash, charger (with Apple duckhead plug), WCL covers, accessories. Too small for camera with WCL, or camera + accessories, still bag-hunting for the right carry-all.
(Other non-photographic accessories included for ambiance and entertainment purposes only)

Nice. What is the story behind the O-ring? Sounds useful.

Nice. What is the story behind the O-ring? Sounds useful.

Some of the soft releases tend to work loose after a while, and I've read so many tales of losing them that I'm surprised the streets aren't just littered with orphaned buttons. Anyway, many recommendations suggest teflon tape, or loc-tite, or nail polish to keep the button screwed in tight. All of those solutions could result in some unwanted debris getting inside the shutter release, so why take the chance? User Frankie (on another X forum) was very vocal about the simplicity and effectiveness of an o-ring solution, and I tried it with great success.

Here's how it works: attach your soft release and measure the remaining empty space. Buy one o-ring that's just a little thicker (like 0.2mm thicker) than the
space, and big enough inside diameter to go around the threads at the top. Reattach the soft release with the o-ring around the "stem."

You can buy o-rings one at a time online from the o-ring store. I found that the MT Bop on the X100 had a bit more than 1mm of empty space, so I got a 1.3 x 2.5mm ring. While you're at it, pick up a couple of 3mm x 10mm to protect the strap lugs (also seen in the shot above, I learned this from Gordy).

Photo of the final result here:
bop-oring-4070.jpg

Great pictures guys.

While I'm waiting for the release of the X20, can anyone tell me if a Gordy wrist strap is good match for an X10/X20 ? Any pictures?

Other wrist strap suggestions welcome, but it needs to be something I can order easily in the UK.

Thanks,

-R

Back