Fuji Accessories

Oooops.............double post!

Attachments

• p1466816146-5.jpg
    p1466816146-5.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 1,038
Maybe there is someone out there who hasn't seen this pic of my X100.It has a spacer ring and B & W clear filter in lieu of a hood.I use a full DSPTCH strap.The soft button is a cheapy from China which has hung on for months now after losing an expensive Abramson in a week.The large button works great and I turn the camera on by moving the button rather than the switch under it.BTW, No one has confused it with a Leica.The bottom plate is a cut down half case from JB Systems.I really only wanted to protect the base plate of the camera when I set it down so I just cut off the rest of the hard case.It fastens to the camera with a screw in the tripod mount.I like it because it doesn't cover up any of the beautiful body.

8475038732_cd66221193_b.jpg

Fuji X100 by spinyman, on Flickr

8594257016_03d04ae20b_c.jpg

P3263801 (1024x768) by joe radza, on Flickr

I've been looking for the ultimate leather strap for my X100. My wife surprised me with this gem. It's an adjustable strap for one of her Louis Vuitton handbags. The strap is 47" long and costs more than most of my analog cameras did. It's a beauty. Fine leather with solid brass snaps. I'm thinking of adding the half case from JB Camera Design just for some protection on the bottom. I have the Fuji oem leather case, but it's a pita to constantly remove in order to access the battery/sd card compartment.

Joe

I use the handgrip for my XP-1

View attachment 1168

However I also toyed with the idea of purchasing a leather case for the camera body, however upon looking at the OEM leather case, it doesn't accommodate the handgrip. I have looked at eBay as well as Leicatime, and all the cases available are for the body only and does not accommodate the handgrip either, there are cases with a built-in handgrip but none of them fit the OEM handgrip.

After going through various websites and forums I came across a japanese company called Recoil that actually has cases I was looking for, here are some images with the various leathers they use

View attachment 1169

View attachment 1170

View attachment 1171

I thought it looks pretty good, however (to me anyways) I find that it adds more bulk to the camera as well as as making the battery compartment much harder to access i.e. you have to remove the case, then the handgrip to access the battery compartment.

I'm not getting one myself as it was just a personal curiosity I had if such a case exists, and I'm not too crazy about the idea of adding extra bulk and another obstruction to the battery compartment access.

However if these issues doesn't bother you and you are looking for a leather case than can accommodate the OEM handgrip, you can always get them from Recoil.

Attachments

• Handgrip.jpg
    Handgrip.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 1,109
  • Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 1,069
  • Image 2.jpg
    Image 2.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 1,207
  • Image 3.jpg
    Image 3.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 1,183
It is funny, that much of these leather straps and form fitting cases remind me of the camera cases that my father and grandfather had.
When I see the prices that some of these accessories fetch, I'm quite sure I chose the wrong profession.

Here is the Tanker camera bag in small from Yoshida & Company Porter out of Tokyo. I wanted a small bag that only held a body/lens plus 1 other item and I wanted a handle on the top so I can strap it on a hook. Plus the wife was in Tokyo for the last few days so she picked one up for me. They are kind of hard to find outside Japan.

This bag is made to resemble a military helmet bag or flight jacket, OD green on the outside with orange on the inside here and there. The interior flap stays on with velcro and is made from microfiber, if you need a cleaning cloth in a pinch it is better than using your shirt.

8647922258_9bb996f61d_b.jpg

Tanker Camera Bag by Photos By 夏天, on Flickr

8647922048_edc4175248_b.jpg

8646825603_2d4f51f0c3_c.jpg

Shot with and X-E1 and 580EXII flash and shoot-thru umbrella to even out the light, one of my favorite bags the Billingham Hadley Pro.

I've had my Hadley Pro in sage for just under a week now and love it (had the X-E1 for just 2 weeks, love that as well). Used them both properly for the first time yesterday and they are the best camera and bag I've ever bought.

One question: What method do you use to fire the Speedlight off the X-E1? I've an 550EX which I plan to keep when I sell my EOS gear and haven't yet thought about the best way to control it from the Fuji. Might also invest in a compact umbrella now.

Thanks

Simon

I've had my Hadley Pro in sage for just under a week now and love it (had the X-E1 for just 2 weeks, love that as well). Used them both properly for the first time yesterday and they are the best camera and bag I've ever bought.

One question: What method do you use to fire the Speedlight off the X-E1? I've an 550EX which I plan to keep when I sell my EOS gear and haven't yet thought about the best way to control it from the Fuji. Might also invest in a compact umbrella now.

Thanks

Simon

I use Flashwave III triggers, you can also use them to RF fire your camera:

View attachment 12271
M43 Gear by Photos By 夏天, on Flickr

View attachment 12273
Fujifilm X-E1 by Photos By 夏天, on Flickr

7324397668_2da8a1dd1b_b.jpg

Off Camera Flash Gear by Photos By 夏天, on Flickr

My X100T is simply accessorized with the following:

- Match Technical EP-2T X100T thumb grip
- Artisan & Artist Silk Cord strap