Fuji Achieving max flash sync speed

les-star

Regular
Just wondering if any of you have had success achieving max flash sync speed (f8 1/4000) with off camera flash?

Seems the most I was able to achieve was at f4 @ 1/2000. Any combination faster just gives mainly a dark image no matter how high I put the flash power.

I was testing using my Cybersyncs with a Nikon sb20, sb900 and even a fuji Ef-20.

I have yet to test with my alienbee b800 unit.

Duh... I just now realized you said you were testing with Cybersync triggers in the mix. That might be your limiting factor, because there's propagation delay in sending the signal from hot-shoe -> trigger transmitter -> receiver -> flash. That's likely your problem, and if you can test with a cable or the flash mounted on a hot-shoe you can confirm.

he's right. radio transmitter is what's limiting you. directly plugged sync cords or ir transmitters have been working with the x100/s. now if i could only get my hands on an x100s...

he's right. radio transmitter is what's limiting you. directly plugged sync cords or ir transmitters have been working with the x100/s. now if i could only get my hands on an x100s...

Thanks guys for the info! Good luck on your quest for your x100s. You'll be a happy camper once you get it! I'm so happy I took the plunge and switched from the DSLR. Definitely makes shooting much more enjoyable.

Back