Tried my hand at some action shots at the Skate Park near the Atlanta Beltline

L1008778.jpg
L1008793.jpg
L1008813.jpg
L1008821.jpg
L1008825.jpg
L1008836.jpg

Well done! Looks like a great park!
Thanks Amin, it definitely is a nice park. It's the Old Fourth Ward neighborhood in Atlanta, one of the areas that has had a tremendous resurgence. The whole area is being gentrified and full of millennials. I did not know about the skate park until I was looking in my phone at maps of the area!
BYW, it's really good to remember the old school way of taking photos when you use the M240 :) with no A/F and CAF for burst shoots, it's just like taking photos with my old Konica SLR or the Mamiya TLR. Pre focus or hyper focus and use f5.6 :)

I love these kind of shots- and am convinced that seeing outside the FOV of the lens is of great benefit in shooting action pictures.

You need an 85 or 90...

I love these kind of shots- and am convinced that seeing outside the FOV of the lens is of great benefit in shooting action pictures.

You need an 85 or 90...

I have the 90mm Elmarit f2.8, but I chose to shoot with the 35mm and 50mm. I thought about shooting with the 90mm after I was done, and maybe I should have...
Maybe the next time :D

I find myself grabbing the 85 most of the time for the skating-rink shots. With the skate-boarding shots, you should be able to prefocus and wait for the person to come into position. I have some good luck with a "continuous-focus": focus at the farthest you want to shoot, move focus ring to the closest spot, then "interpolate" between them as you follow the moving subject. With digital- you can see if it worked.

Back