Adapted Adapted lenses, any make, for any camera

My daylight processing tank needs a bit more work to take 5x4, and I need to find a suitable subject to get the exposure right without a shutter or aperture.
Enough with the excuses, I ought to be able to produce some reasonable through the viewfinder shots. The ones I have so far are distinctly off on focus, but I guess DOF is somewhat limited!
Ah, "dark slide shutter." At ƒ/1.2. Looks like a job for a wet plate, which has an ISO of about 1.

Start off with a raven in a coal mine. :)

Super Takumar 50mm F1.4 (1965 or 1966 according to the serial number) on a Z6.
1 Adapted Takumar.jpg

Canon FD 500 F/4.5L has to be the favourite lens here

SONY ILCE-7RM4 95.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC03334-latge.jpg

DSC02367.jpg

SONY ILCE-7RM4 390.jpg

DSC01703.jpg

DSC01993.jpg

DSC01806.jpg

All the best folks, have a good one.

Danny.

52657623528_82122f729b_o.jpg

Technically, the 4/3 lenses are adapted on m4/3 - even tho they do not necessarily feel like it given that they actually have auto-focus and data is reported to the camera.

The 11-22mm is one I do not use often, but it is hard to fault it as a wide lens.

View attachment 362276

Technically, the 4/3 lenses are adapted on m4/3 - even tho they do not necessarily feel like it given that they actually have auto-focus and data is reported to the camera.

The 11-22mm is one I do not use often, but it is hard to fault it as a wide lens.
I haven't used mine in years, although it won me a couple magazine covers fifteen years ago. It's one of those that, when you look at the paltry resale value, you hate to part with.

This is a down and dirty comparison of the OM Zuiko 100mm f2.8 and the old screw mount Leitz Elmar 90mm f4 (from 1946). I left the Zuiko image as it came out of the camera, except to resize. The Leitz I tweaked to look close to the Zuiko but also include the original, unaltered version. At larger sizes the increase in local contrast from the Zuiko is obvious, but it doesn't appear to resolve more detail than the old Leica screw mount. The reason for this silly exercise? I am probably going to include the Sony a7ii with two old Leica lenses (this 90mm and a 50mm f2 from 1952) in my kit on my trip to Laos in about 3 weeks. Many times I like the lower contrast of the old lens. I can always get blacker blacks in post if I want them.
Leitz Elmar 90mm f4 (1946).jpgZuiko 100 f2.8.jpgLeitz Elmar 90mm f4 Original.jpg

Miguel, you ought to see what @Danny shoots with ...

Maybe he will post some photos of himself in the field. ;)
Ahhh yeah, Steve did take a shot of me, I'll see if I can find it mate :)

DY1.jpg

Courtesy of Steve Was, I'll get him back one day. So I do get kind of grubby out there, get home and Jan always says, you are washing those !!

The lenses come in very handy when camping as well .......

ddfsdsd.jpg

Left to right. Canon FD 500 F/4.5L, 300 F/2.8L and the 800 F/5.6L

Thanks Miguel, but it's very easy when manual focus is all you know. I did add AF with the Sony around 18 months ago, but it doesn't feel the same, so I still go out with the MF teles now and again..

Last edited:
Back