Adapted Adapted lenses, any make, for any camera

52564485185_2d11f598a2_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Nikon Series E 100mm 2.8 - got this for cheap a while ago, not a huge fan of this lens, but it can take nice images at time.

Today's lens on the a7ii was an old Pentax 28-105 f4 lens that I picked up for $25 at a thrift store. The images straight out of the camera needed contrast boosted, and it's not the sharpest lens around, but it is serviceable if you cannot decide what focal length you want to shoot and also don't want to carry a wide, normal, and telephoto around. For the sizes I was looking for, they sharpened up just fine. I shots below were worked on as raw files before being saved a reduced size jpegs. Homer and John Wayne together was a nice find.
Homer and John WayneDSC00715.jpg
Salvation Army DSC00718.jpg

I keep coming back to this. It's a compelling image; the colors and tones are wonderful, that bright mushroom rising audaciously from dark greens and browns, seductive but deadly - or so I, knowing nothing about mushrooms, think. Terrific shot.

This is a favorite of mine. I'm having a hard time getting a print made that I like, though. The tonality just isn't transferring to the prints very well.

So I only remembered I had this lens when I thought I purchased an M-P 240. I was excited to adapt it to M mount. It’s been permanently attached to my Zorki 4, which I’ve been slowing working through the 1st roll of film for over 3 years at this point. Long story long, I’ve never used it on a digital camera and have no idea what it would look like. Then I remembered I had an adapter for m4/3, and I took my first shots with it last night and again today. I’m really liking it. Not a useful focal length on m4/3, but it has a great character.
4CE17910-EA4C-4C3B-BFE9-066214A99391.jpeg

The later version with the rotating front: there is an easy way to do it, remove the stop screw for close focus. You have to turn more than 360 degrees to separate them.
I ended up "misthreading" the helical to have it move the long way around for the stop screws.

The later version with the rotating front: there is an easy way to do it, remove the stop screw for close focus. You have to turn more than 360 degrees to separate them.
I ended up "misthreading" the helical to have it move the long way around for the stop screws.
Hmmm. Not sure which version I have. Looks a bit different than yours though. Not sure which screw to mess with.

If the front of the lens rotates as you focus- can be modified. Two stop screws control infinity and close-up.

This- the Post War Carl Zeiss 50/1.5, wide-open using an Amedeo adapter on the M8.

I just set the variable stand-off ring to fine-tune for F1.5.

Last edited:
Mostly, I suppose, the whole obsession with blurred backgrounds gets under my skin, and when I was doing photography more seriously I never heard of the word "bokeh". As an sort of f64 large format photographer for a couple of decades, I wanted everything in focus, so while I understand the technique of selective focus, I'd have referred to it as such. Debating how a lens renders that is certainly a legitimate topic for conversation. I'm just becoming a cranky old man, and I admit that there are enough real issues in the world that getting a bug up my butt by "bokeh" is trivial.
Good on you for caring, Larry.

The world is buggered up enough now. If everyone stops caring about everything, the downhill slide will quickly become an avalanche!

Palmolive recently decided to wrap their recyclable plastic dishwashing detergent bottles in a non-recyclable plastic sheath type label. I rang them, and spent about half an hour explaining that this would just cause the empty container to be thrown in the recycling bin, label and all, by (roughly) 99% of people. Thereby polluting that entire load.

Strangely enough, 2 months later, their packaging has been changed to completely recyclable, with all parts clearly marked (the cap is not recyclable). Probably just a coincidence ... But, maybe not. Who knows?

We should all be active in this way, even if it is only to add our single voice to that of thousands. Sometimes, even a single voice can make a difference.

Back