Adapted Adapted lenses, any make, for any camera

7artisans 75mm f/1.25
EE8CAAFF-A444-4C79-BC12-87DEE7D73BDE.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Some reprocessed images from May 2019 with a cyclops on Canon M5. The cyclops was originally adapted from Russian field glasses, but this one was made especially for photography. I have another one somewhere that I took from some field glasses, and is EOS fit I think. Need to find it and see if I have M4/3rds adapter ..... can't remember the aperture, but it's wide and can only shoot it as is - which is wide! I bought it for the bokeh.

Lilies

IMG_4785 Lily cyclops Canon M5.jpg

Bokeh - through the lemon tree from memory.

IMG_4789 Bokeh cyclops Canon M5.jpg

Calendula - very soft. Missed focus really, which is quite an art with this lens!

IMG_4791 Calendula cyclops Canon M5.jpg

View attachment 373570

Kodak Cine Ektar 25mm 1.4 - Only issue I have with this lens is the vignette - I am sometimes tempted to buy an old Nikon 1 and use it to adapt this lens. Biggest problem is that the Nikon 1 does not have edge detection focus peaking...
I wouldn't worry about the vignette, everything about that lens which you've posted has been charming. It is what it is, warts n'all.

Last edited:
Jan, have they finished your house yet?

If you mean, are they doing "finishing work," then yes!

It's going to be lovely… if we ever get in it. The best and worst thing is that the builder is an "artiste," and he loves to work with found materials. Right now, he's putting up solid copper sheeting backsplash around the kitchen counter!

We gave him tropical hardwood boards I salvaged from pallets that came with equipment my employer imported from South America. He's inlaid that into the custom cabinetry, and made a countertop to match the Purpleheart. And the Venitian-Lime plaster is like a sheet of glass!

He selected cedars to turn into posts for the newel rods for the loft railing, arranging then small-to-large-to-small, for a nice effect.

I'm trying my best to be patient. These were from three weeks ago, and it seems it's only a little bit closer to move-in. There are about two dozen five-minute jobs to do yet. If you got two dozen people together who really knew what they were doing, it could be done in five minutes! But it will probably me more like five weeks…

(Sorry, none of these were shot with an "adapted lens." Perhaps we need a "My New House" thread?)
View attachment 378773View attachment 378774View attachment 378781View attachment 378782
Perfect opportunity for a new thread gents.

Perfect opportunity for a new thread gents.
Yes- I could not resist, the pictures belong on their own thread-

And reminded me of an OLD CSN song.

I’ve been really enjoying the images you’ve been posting with this lens and very impressed with how they still stand wide open.
Thanks, Ray!

It is a fine lens and a pleasure to use with the typical Pentax quality build. Easily the smallest of the 3 "high speed" lenses I have.
It does get "glowy" at f/1.2 at close distances but so do the other two and personally, I rather like that look :)

Only one of these. I converted the best of the 1960s SLR lenses to Leica M-Mount.

Canon 50mm F1.4, FL-Mount lens, converted to RF coupled M-Mount. I made an RF cam for this lens.
On the M Monochrom.

L1000252.jpg
L1000256.jpg
L1000272.jpg
L1000298.jpg

The EXIF under your photos state that they're all made with f/1.2. Seeing the photos that looks improbable to me, I guess some of them at least are made with much smaller apertures like f/5.6 or so? Very curious about that. If they all are shot wide-open, I'm extremely impressed!
No, not at all, Ad: only the maximum aperture gets written to the EXIF. The adapter is purely mechanical.
The "name", the focal length and the maximum aperture are coming from an "app" on the Sony a7ii: lens compensation. I don't "compensate" anything but at least these three parameters are written to the EXIF.
As far as I know, this "app" isn't supported on the next models anymore.

Back