Fuji Adapters and caps and lens hoods.

Lukinross

Rookie
Hi all

I've gotten an adapter ring so that I can get a uv filter on. It comes with lens hood which once filter is on cannot be fitted. Also once adapter and filter are on the lens cap is practically useless. Any ideas on a fix or a better way?

sorry, it's not super clear which items you want attached. Do you plan on having the hood and filter on all the time? If so, you just need to get a pinch cap to put on the end. Most X100 users seem to prefer using a filter and the hood.

I love that Fuji lens cap so I keep my lens naked with no filters or hood. I carry the hood around in the event that I need it. But I also don't mind a bit of lens flare.

More info here..... https://www.photographerslounge.org/f87/adapter-lens-hood-filters-how-more-2364/

I just got the Olympus LC-63A screw-on, auto-opening lens cap for the XZ-1. It's a winner. I don't have any experience of third party caps that do the same thing, but I was warned off one. In any event, for $20 (on ebay) I think this cap is worth it.

I grew up having to take off a lens cap and pocket it, and never liked tethered caps flapping around under the lens. But having an auto opening cap on a point and shoot just makes the whole experience -- well -- more point and shooty.

Anyway, the Olympus cap in this instance is worth the price, unlike some of their ridiculous $60 plastic hoods. IMHO.

OOPS! I JUST NOTICED I PUT THIS IN THE WRONG THREAD.

Back