Adding watermark / copyright to images

Herman

The Image Stimulator
Name
Herman
To protect your own work one can add a watermark / copyright to their images.
Some of these seem to be hand written, lovely.
I like to be able to add customized text to my images.
Which (open source = free) software is available?
Is it possible (how) to avoid others to manipulate images?
Any track down software available which can be helpful to find own work on the internet? (to check for abuse)
Comments are welcome, thanks in advance.

Oh, Bill give us a few glasses of beer, thanks.

I've been using a Flickr import plug-in with Lightroom 3. Just drag your image to drop-down and press "Publish". I designed the watermark and have it set up to run automatically during the Publish script - I made that sound complicated and very learned because I'm a technonumpty - it's all just a series of drop-downs. Anyway, very easy and very very good!

Schucks thanks BB. I have left a legacy....

However, I fear us Luddites are a dying breed. We'll age off soon enough or die too early from our labours. Now please excuse me while I harness up the horses to plough my fields. Thems 'taters aint gonna plant themselves...

To protect your own work one can add a watermark / copyright to their images.
Some of these seem to be hand written, lovely.

Copyright laws vary slightly from country to country, for example, copyright is automatic in Australia and there is no need to add a copyright symbol or anything else. This may be in the case in most countries.

Anyway, I normally add a copyright symbol, year and my name. The reason? As many will know I do a lot of dawn seaside photography and started to find my photos on a number of "christian"* sites to indicate the glory of God and creationism. Never mind the theft and lack of credit to the owner of the photos. I would just like to remind there is a commandment "Thou shalt not steal".

* Note the deliberate use of lower case here. I don’t consider compulsive thieves to be Christian.

Yeah fair call. I might have 'sexed' things up a little. I don't have a pinhole or a box brownie. Though some say that a Sigma DP is not far off. I recall a reviewer commenting that having that IQ with such UI is analogous to having a V8 motor taped onto a billy cart frame - with rope and cross bar steering and cricket bat brakes. But I digress.....

Back