Fuji Admins, need help

My last trip I could have used IBIS a few times. IBIS is becoming something I'm starting to want and could be a decision maker.

The rumored XT3 could be enough of a difference that I finally find the $ in the couch cushions to upgrade from the Xt1. I still love it, though, and rarely do I have any performance complaints. It's been an amazng tool to get work done. I thinm I'm above 80k total shots now, albeit on my 2nd shutter.

I love IBIS.

Ive never really needed it but I seem to be changing my shooting style a bit, or getting old and its becoming something I want. You can't always use a tripod everywhere or have one with you if that unexpected shot opportunity comes up. Im been on one of your other sites a lot looking at the Sony A7xxx but I would have a problem selecting lenses if I added an A7xxx.

I just hope the rumors are wrong about the X-T3 not having IBIS.

The rumors most likely are not wrong. I don't expect to see IBIS in the X-T3. Everything is pointing to Fuji going for AF speed/accuracy. And eliminating any blackout time. It also appears, according to the latest rumors, Fuji is looking at either a better battery. Or better battery performance.

re: that blackout time, that's a strong want of mine. When I'm shooting those bike or kitesurfing shots, the lag / blackout between shots in continuous high is a big impediment to manage. There's even a freeze when I'm half-pressing to aquire focus. I don't notice it much, til I've slowed the shutter to ~1/100 and am trying to pan a guy going 40mph to lateral blur the background. Suddenly I'm ahead of him -NO- I'm behind him. Anytime it CH, you sorta need to keep the non-EVF eye open and help your brain stay framed on the subject. So...

Dear Fuji, yes please.

The X-T2 with the battery grip and performance boost turned on, significantly reduces the blackout time. So, Fuji has already made improvements which they can improve further upon. With the most recent improvement coming via firmware. Which I kept because a minor flickering evf glitch in certain light situations wasn't worth giving up the improvements for. I expect the X-T3 will be a leap in this area. With possibly no blackout time/lag at all.

I copied this from somewhere that I can't link to on here. Take it for whats its worth, a rumor.

Fujifilm X-T3
Do you like Full Frame? Do you prefer APS-C? Is X-Trans your thing or do you want a Bayer sensor? Or maybe you always dreamed of a monochrome sensor?

Don’t worry, to get all of this, you will need just one camera, the Fujifilm X-T3.

Our top trusted Japanese source just told us that the Fujifilm X-T3 will have an interchangeable lens/processor/sensor.

The concept is similar to the one used by the Ricoh GXR/S10, where basically lens, sensor and processor will be integrated into 1 single unit, that you can switch how you prefer.

Our trusted source told us, that at the Fujifilm X-T3 launch in September 2018, the Fujifilm X-T3 will be offered with:

• 24MP APS-C X-Trans sensor
  • New X-Trans sensor with less than 30MP
  • 24MP BSI Bayer Full Frame sensor of Sony A7III
  • Monochrome 24MP Full Frame Sensor of Leica M Monochrom
  • organic APS-C sensor with global shutter
Along with the Fujifilm X-T3, Fujifilm will also launch the first two Full Frame lenses:

• XFF 35mm F1.8
  • XFF 70-200mm F2.8
I asked our Japanese source if it will have also the option of a Medium Format sensor, but the source said MF sensor would make the Fujifilm X-T3 chassis too big, and Fujifilm wants to keep it smaller than the X-H1.

Fuji’s idea is to offer a Fujifilm X-T3, where you guys can still perfectly use all your current APS-C lenses, but if you want, you can slowly transition to full frame and finally spend more money on bigger FF glass.

The source also told us, that the new system is the real reason, why the Fujifilm X-T3 will not have IBIS: it is just technically too complicated at the moment to make an interchangeable sensor system with IBIS incorporated.

Back