Adobe Weirdness

And the problem of multiple accounts.

I've tried in the last couple of days, to reinstall my legally acquired copy of Lightroom 6 Standalone. The serial is accepted, but my ID is not. No problem, I thought, I will go log in and find the downloads and get it sorted that way. What I found, instead, is that there is absolutely NO record of my Lightroom, or Elements 13 which I had bought around the same time, in ANY of my accounts. IN the past, I have usually found it easily in one or other of them, but now all I see is accounts with begs to join CC which I am not planning to do. Ever.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? My main Adobe account is empty and I am displeased.

Any chance that in the past you used an option to 'Sign in with Google' to access your Adobe licenses instead of using an Adobe account directly? If so it's possible that it is recognizing that scenario as two different distinct accounts.

Any chance that in the past you used an option to 'Sign in with Google' to access your Adobe licenses instead of using an Adobe account directly? If so it's possible that it is recognizing that scenario as two different distinct accounts.

Nope, never did that :( I think I am just going to abandon Adobe entirely. I hope that Luminar's next version with Libraries will serve the purpose better than LR anyway.

Nope, never did that :( I think I am just going to abandon Adobe entirely. I hope that Luminar's next version with Libraries will serve the purpose better than LR anyway.

Libraries coming on December the 18th I believe. As a current Luminar 2018 owner I think we get it added free ?

I'm going to most likely switch from Lightroom- but still have 3.6, 4, and 6 on my computer. LR3 and LR4 were included with my Leica bodies- I paid for LR6. I will not continue Adobe Cloud after my daughter finishes her IT classes.

I should try Luminar with my M Monochrom DNG files. Many packages "forget" how to process a Simple "FLAT" (no color mosaic) DNG file. Adobe CS2 from 10 years ago implemented the DNG parser correctly, works with it. The file format is very simple, I wrote my own software to read and create Monochrome DNG files. I also wrote a program to fool LR4 into processing NEF files from the Df- which it did not support. Change a "4" to an "f" in the file header. Shows you how trivial the "upgrades" to support a new camera can be.

After months of Lightroom locking on me, I finally realized there was a catalog conflict causing problems. All is well there now. But when did Abode stop identifying itself on automatic bank withdrawals? Until this month it was always identified as Adobe systems. This month there was an unidentified withdrawal. It was small, of course, but I called my bank lest someone had breached my account.. So if you get an unidentified charge from Park Ave. in San Jose CA, it is probably Adobe. They might have said so.

And the problem of multiple accounts.

I've tried in the last couple of days, to reinstall my legally acquired copy of Lightroom 6 Standalone. The serial is accepted, but my ID is not. No problem, I thought, I will go log in and find the downloads and get it sorted that way. What I found, instead, is that there is absolutely NO record of my Lightroom, or Elements 13 which I had bought around the same time, in ANY of my accounts. IN the past, I have usually found it easily in one or other of them, but now all I see is accounts with begs to join CC which I am not planning to do. Ever.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? My main Adobe account is empty and I am displeased.

I remember having issues with standalone Lightroom when my laptop failed and I needed to set up a new one. From memory I think a "help" window popped up somewhere when I was on the website and I explained what I needed and they sent me a link via the message or something. But it wasn't simple to get it, even although Google says what you've purchased is there in your account.

Back