Advent evening in town

Iansky

All-Pro
We had our Advent evening in town recently with market stalls, singing and the lights being turned on - took the XT2 with 16-55 and the Fuji EF-X500 flash.

I set the ISO to 200, Aperture priority between f2.8 - f5.6 so the camera decided what it wanted from the flash (shop windows and some street without flash).

Interesting mix of friendly people with hot food, wine and other wonderful sights - a very well attended evening that all enjoyed.

Town 2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Town 6.jpg
Town 11.jpg
Town 19.jpg
Town 20.jpg

Thanks Paul, it is superb and sits well on the XT2 with 16-55 so the balance is spot on. The High Speed Sync is fantastic and when the flash is in TTL it happens automatically so when using it for daylight fill you do not have to woory about the shutter speed ( I mainly shoot in aperture priority), it is also kind at night and does create those intense contrast many flashes do. Fuji has always been good at using fill flash to avoid harsh light and the EF-X500 adds to that.

Not cheap ( got mine as part of a trade in deal) but so far it is proving itself a worthwhile purchase - very, very well made as well.

Very nice. TTL is convenient as hell.

I actually shot some flash last night, as my wife was sledding down our street. I went "all manual," as it were, since the flash isn't TTL, and just opted for the rokinon 12, set it at f4, ISO 1600, shutter at 1/40 since the flash would effectively stop motion for me, and then just adjust aperture here and there to acount for changes.

Back