Fuji Advice wanted for adapted lenses

Pim

Regular
Name
Pim
Hi All,

I recently received my X-E1 with the 35mm lens and am looking to get something in the moderate tele range. I am not a very regular tele user, so the upcoming 55-200 zoom is likely a little overkill for me (both in size as in price probably). I was thinking of getting a small tele prime (in the 85-135 range, to get a approx 135 to 200 mm equivalent), ansd was wondering if anybody can recommend something good in that range. I am looking for a small and light (as far as weight goes) lens, so 2.8 aperture is fine for me, to avoid the lens getting too heavy. I have no adapters yet so I am flexible in the brand. I was looking at the Canon FD 2.8/100 lens, as that seems to be small and light and seems to get decent reviews. Anybody any experiences with that one? Or any other lens in a comparable range? Also as I am a newbie when it comes to adapted lenses: will the magnification on the X-E1 work at all. with manual focusing?

Any tips and recommendations are appreciated!

Hello Pim :tiphat:

Just have look at those photos of 135mm lenses.
The lenses and their names will resemble a little bit akward to you. And there is a good information: There are plenty of good old inexpensive manual focussing lenses on the market / eBay. It must not be the expensive Leica M glass.
Look for an adapter and have a try - you will be surprised by those old pieces of glass.
Manual focussing shouldn't be a problem:
First those lenses are made for manual focussing. (y)
Second there is a point, when to short will switch to to far, there is a kind of shine/glaze at the edges at 10x magnification. :2thumbs:
It is no problem to focus at all. Just come down and take your time - it's very relaxing :cool:.
Good luck!

You should check out the Olympus OM 135/2.8 lens.
It's smaller than the Canon FD lens you mentioned, and maybe cheaper to get than the Leica lenses Fujidanny mentioned as well.

^+1 to the OM 135 f2.8. Don't rule out the fast 50mm legacy lenses as well - though a bit shorter than tele, something like the Super Multicoated Takumar 50mm f1.4 or the OM Zuiko 50mm f1.8 MIJ are quite excellent for their respective price tags. In the 85mm range perhaps a Canon FD 85m f1.8? The EF mount is stellar so perhaps someone can comment on how the FD version compares?

Thanks guys! I had a look at some second hand websites today, there are quite a bit of OM lenses for sale at very reasonable prices, I think I may just give that a go, they seem small enough for my liking and a quick search on the web shows many favorable reviews. I may just look for that 135 2.8..:) Fujidanny: your setup looks very interesting, little bigger than I am looking for right now, but definitely some good shots you manages to get out of that lens!

Back