Micro 4/3 Advice wanted: Olympus OM-D E-M5 III resetting its frame counter at random intervals ...

Glad to be of help, Matt. I too bought Polarr Pro. Then they dropped the text module, so I cannot add an explicit copyright ©️ notice to my images. I've written to them, but still just full of silly frames instead. They've lost me, Matt. Pisses me off greatly.

I now use my Adobe licence on my mobile devices. So, using Photoshop Express. It is far more inclusive of the practical things, even though well hidden, like most mobile apps are prone to be ... :( .

I also licensed several image managers, a proper file manager (File Manager Plus), and an FTP client (FtpCafe Pro) that's identical to FileZilla on my desktops.
John, all my instances of Polarr Pro *contain* a text module!

What makes me angry is that Polarr(!) doesn't work in landscape mode on Android and i(Pad)OS. But that's *not* Polarr Pro ... I'm using the PC app. I'm a laptop kind of guy - mobile devices are too fiddle for me when it comes to image processing. I love me my mouse ...

I use XnView MP for image management. Good enough for me - I'm not a fan of catalogue based apps (they eat resources). FileZilla is my go-to. Again: PCs (Windows, Linux) help me work, mobile devices usually bog me down. To me, "simple" is a swear word when it comes to screen work. I need "versatile" and "controllable".

M.

@MoonMind Matt, the Polarr developers must have dropped the text module from the once only purchase version.

To me, this reeks of duplicity if it is still available in the subscription version.

Almost to the point of raising this with Consumer Affairs Victoria and the ACCC.

However, I will not waste my time with such feckless people.
Plenty of more decent people to deal with.

@MoonMind Matt, the Polarr developers must have dropped the text module from the once only purchase version.

To me, this reeks of duplicity if it is still available in the subscription version.

Almost to the point of raising this with Consumer Affairs Victoria and the ACCC.

However, I will not waste my time with such feckless people.
Plenty of more decent people to deal with.
John, no, that's not the case, because that's the one I'm using. I was an early backer and have a lifetime "subscription" (paid only once).

They forked their own product, that's the trouble. The mobile version is no longer feature identical with the PC versions, web or installed. You can use the PC version in a mobile browser like Brave, though - but I had issues with file opening from SD cards in USB readers when I tried that, on Android and iPadOS alike. So, no substitute for even a frugal laptop (my small travel Windows tablet cost a third of the price of the iPad Mini M1 I also own - the iPad is ten times the computer in theory, but useless in many ways).

However, I always use a fresh install (via Microsoft Store in my case) or the web instance (always the latest version) and then log in with my credentials. That has always worked so far, on up to a dozen machines (not all in use at the same time, obviously).

Last edit (sorry, it all comes to mind in chunks): I'll do a little online test with my Chromebook-gone-Linux laptop at school next week - I guess I'll get the web version to work on even this system, a first generation Acer C720, almost 10 years old, still running; I replaced the BIOS, too, so it's a native Linux box now, not some installation grafted on top of the original boot loader ...

M.

Last edited:
John, no, that's not the case, because that's the one I'm using. I was an early backer and have a lifetime "subscription" (paid only once).

They forked their own product, that's the trouble. The mobile version is no longer feature identical with the PC versions, web or installed. You can use the PC version in a mobile browser like Brave, though - but I had issues with file opening from SD cards in USB readers when I tried that, on Android and iPadOS alike. So, no substitute for even a frugal laptop (my small travel Windows tablet cost a third of the price of the iPad Mini M1 I also own - the iPad is ten times the computer in theory, but useless in many ways).

However, I always use a fresh install (via Microsoft Store in my case) or the web instance (always the latest version) and then log in with my credentials. That has always worked so far, on up to a dozen machines (not all in use at the same time, obviously).

Last edit (sorry, it all comes to mind in chunks): I'll do a little online test with my Chromebook-gone-Linux laptop at school next week - I guess I'll get the web version to work on even this system, a first generation Acer C720, almost 10 years old, still running; I replaced the BIOS, too, so it's a native Linux box now, not some installation grafted on top of the original boot loader ...

M.
Thanks for that info, mate. At this time of night, my brain is starting to be preoccupied with how much my back hurts.

Tomorrow morning, when my brain is functional again, I'll try to work through what you have written!

Right. Brain is (sort of) functioning this morning.

How do you access Polarr in a browser? Besides, I only have Android devices, other than my PCs. Not worth purchasing a Windows laptop, just to run Polarr, and even my ancient PCs will run Photoshop in one form or another.

When they forked Polarr, it appears that they screwed me and my use of it!

I have Photoshop Express, Snapseed and a couple of other editors that work.

Perhaps I will consign myself to the fact that buying Polarr was a mistake, due to their later conduct.

Thanks for your help though.

How do you access Polarr in a browser?

You should be able to use your original credentials.

I agree that if you have working solutions, it's probably not worth fiddling with. However, I love the fact that I can use Polarr on all my Linux devices through the web version.

I don't remember what I paid - but it wasn't a lot. So, certainly not as much of a waste as shaking off an Adobe subscription (or license). And I do use Polarr Pro on a daily basis.

M.

OK. One test image. It worked, thank you very much, Matt.

Original:

IMG_20230301_182507_731.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Edited, added copyright text:

IMG_20230301_182507_731 (1).jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The browser/online version is MUCH more user friendly and useful than the Android version.

As you can see, my login credentials worked just fine, thank you. No "POLARR" watermark.

Back